• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Howdah Pedersoli Question

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He does...and never misses. Oh, you mean woodcarver? I never shoot snakes, unless I want the skin, or want to eat them. Don't know about Copper Heads, but Rattlers are good eating. However, I don't even shoot them then, just pin their head down with a stick, or the end of the bow, and then settle it with the knife.

That’s nothing. My first wife would grab them with her bare hands and bite their head off.

The 2nd wife would look at them and they’d freeze to death.

So top that!

Here’s where a Howdah pistol might come in handy, but be prepared to load really fast or run like hell.

That’s nothing. My first wife would grab them with her bare hands and bite their head off.

The 2nd wife would look at them and they’d freeze to death.

So top that!
Met an old timer back here in the Ozarks who said he didn't need a gun for squirrel hunting back in the day, he'd just take his first wife and she could just ugly them out of the tree. Said he had to quit taking her though; she was tearing them up too bad.

All this talk of snakes and ex-wives makes me wonder if the Howdah would be an effective weapon against vampires.

Should it be loaded with a single silver ball in both barrels or silver shot in both barrels. Or should it be loaded with a silver ball in one barrel and silver shot in the other barrel?

Should we add garlic to the the lube that the felt wad is to be soaked in as well as the patch for the ball?

Does silver kill zombies as fast as it does a vampire?

Ha...my wife just complains at them until they bite their own heads off.

I have a Remington Navy that would do it, it's that accurate. (shooting Mr.Snake's head off that is)

I feel that you are correct! But I am researching if it is possible to carry this gun loaded and capped safely. I understand there are things on the market that go around the nipples that protect against detonation if the half cock notch slips or breaks? If I were to spend so much on this gun, I’d have to carry it. Looks like a great snake gun and when loaded with buckshot or round ball a good defensive gun as well.
I had a holster made for my Plains Pistol, which puts leather between the nipple and hammer, with the hammer on half cock, when the pistol is strapped in/in the holster.

I feel that you are correct! But I am researching if it is possible to carry this gun loaded and capped safely. I understand there are things on the market that go around the nipples that protect against detonation if the half cock notch slips or breaks? If I were to spend so much on this gun, I’d have to carry it. Looks like a great snake gun and when loaded with buckshot or round ball a good defensive gun as well.
Research a product called ‘Kap Cover’.

Back