• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How to tweak or not to tweak.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am on my second Kibler SMR build, Woodsrunner in between, and am having some problems with the butt plate.
How would I tweak it to get it to better lay on the butt? Should I just remove wood until it fits?
IMG_1101.jpeg
IMG_1100.jpeg
IMG_1099.jpeg
IMG_1098.jpeg

I’m sure Jim’s team can help you. Is it cocked or does it just look that way? If you do any actual inletting, do it with the buttplate on straight.
I thought I’d try here first. Sometimes the pictures are easier to download in a forum than per email.
They have helped in the past. I hate to bother them when I’m sure they are very busy.
I just wanted to see if I could get any ideas about how to tweak it. I’ve been unable to figure out a way to move the top over and twist the bottom a bit. Maybe a bigger vise and crescent wrench. I have time. My winter projects will have to wait till winter comes again, in a few months;-)

I thought I’d try here first. Sometimes the pictures are easier to download in a forum than per email.
They have helped in the past. I hate to bother them when I’m sure they are very busy.
I just wanted to see if I could get any ideas about how to tweak it. I’ve been unable to figure out a way to move the top over and twist the bottom a bit. Maybe a bigger vise and crescent wrench. I have time. My winter projects will have to wait till winter comes again, in a few months;-)
I’d not bend the buttplate unless I was sure that it was twisted. Even then unless severe I’d be working on the inletting. I’ve never fitted a buttplate to a CNC shaped stock so might be missing something.

Latest posts

Back