• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

how much for a Remington 1858?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sr500

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi guys. I understand that there is some money in them in US to. But in Sweden, they are verry expensive. How much for a 1858-60 in good condition? Tommy.

A quick check of gunbroker.com revealed the following:

Original (antique) guns - $1400, $1650
Lyman repro NIB - $470
Uberti 36 NIB - $420
Uberti SS 44 very nice - $360
Pietta 44 very nice - $275
CVA - $220, $240

Hope this gives some idea of price range.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Coot. So its posible to buy a nice Remington for about 1600 dollars? Is there any problems with the custom? In Sweden those are free to have. Only repro guns is licenced. Tommy.

Hi Tommy -
I do not know if there are any export restrictions here but I suspect that there would be more issues at your end than this side. Can you pull up the gunbroker.com site? It is easy to do a Remington 1858 search on that site and you can limit the search to original guns if that is what you want. Since one man's "nice gun" is another man's "fair gun", better that you check the listings & view the photos (you can also ask questions of the sellers) & decide re condition for yourself. I have had good luck with buying several gunbroker listings but will offer the caution that some prices are too high & some items have been listed and then relisted multiple times.

PS - I would assume that your embassy here would be able to tell us the requirements for you to import an antique.

Dave

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi and thanks. I have been away for a couple of days,but i shall check the site. And i shall also check with the custom. Tommy.

Back