• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many carry non PC or HC knives......

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bone handled Barlow by Schrade or a two bladed pocket knife , also a Schrade. And on occassions you might find me in possession of a Case pocket knife.

This is a miniature sword I made 45 years ago. The blade is from a small file, guard is sterling silver from a large broken serving fork. From guard to end of grip it is Burma teak [returned with me from Thailand], spacer of buffalo horn, another short section of teak and a butt of buffalo horn. It has been sharpened only once and is constantly in use as a seam ripper by my present wife and before that by my deceased wife. The sheath is from an old leather jacket, center stitched and with a belt loop. The pictures are better small .. not in good focus. Polecat

Attachments

• PICT0524.JPG
    PICT0524.JPG
    103.4 KB · Views: 153
  • PICT0526.JPG
    PICT0526.JPG
    105.2 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
I carry three of these everyday. Two custom knifes, a bird and trout and a Canadian skinner. Swap back and forth according to days activities. Always got the Buck clip on and the Case trapper in my pocket.

I forge a lot of knives...historic, modern hunting, and kitchen knives. But I only carry one of my knives...Urban Survival pocket knife. It is a fixed blade that fits in my jean front pocket like a carabineer and has a forged lip to open a bottle of my favorite beverage. It cuts hay bales, cheese, and skins hogs. it is always in mt pocket...tippit
Blacksmith Pocket Knife.jpg

Oops I never finished this post. This is my urban survival knife that is the only one of my forged knives that I always carry. It cuts hay bales, Cheese, and opens beverage bottles. Even though it's a blacksmith knife, I don't think it fits in as historic knife
Blacksmith Pocket Knife Beverage Opener1.jpg
Blacksmith Pocket Knife Beverage Opener3.jpg
Blacksmith Pocket Knife3.jpg
...tippit

Oops I never finished this post. This is my urban survival knife that is the only one of my forged knives that I always carry. It cuts hay bales, Cheese, and opens beverage bottles. Even though it's a blacksmith knife, I don't think it fits in as historic knifeView attachment 49737View attachment 49742View attachment 49741...tippit
Thats funny! My Schrade 3-blade pocket knife has been with me for 34 years, daily carry. I’ve done everything with it from cleaning my fingernails to skinning deer to eating peaches. Everything gets done with that knife!
Walk

When I'm at my kids houses and someone needs to cut open a package or something and asks if anyone has a knife and there are two or three of us old-timers around it seems we all reach in our pocket and pull out a pocket knife of some sort. None of the younger folks carry one.

My hunting knife is a Case 2 bladed Stockman, the blades are carbon steel. I got it back in the 70's. I can sharpen it to a razor's edge. I made a Nessmuk style knife out of a steel called "jalloy" , supposedly the same type of steel used for armor plating on WWII Battleships. IT WAS 1/4 " thick, sharp enough to shave with and heavy enough to split the pelvis bone and breast bone on a deer . It now belongs to my son.

I have to say, there are few production knives made in the last 40 yrs that rival the Cold Steel Trailmaster, espeically one of the older ones. First rate steel, first rate construction and sharp as blue- blazes out of the box was the Trailmaster Bowie. Given it's toughness and utter utility I think it's the best camp/ woodsman/ out in the sticks knife ever made at it's price point ( Randall makes a fine knife but they're a lot more money). I had one c. 1980's and I rue the day I sold it.
Mine had a Neoprene rubber handle, is yours a custom handle ? Or are they making them like that currently ?

I like my CS Trailmaster Bowie best for rondy's

KMrwiLnl.jpg

Back