• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How many bears do you see.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
So I "THINK" I know how many different bears are in these Trail cam photos.
Interested in hearing form you all Not counting the cub, do you think it's 1 bear? 2? 3?

Here are the photos
WGI_0090.JPG
WGI_0091.JPG

WGI_0092.JPG

WGI_0102.JPG
WGI_0103.JPG
WGI_0105.JPG
WGI_0108.JPG
WGI_0124.JPG
WGI_0131.JPG
WGI_0132.JPG

There are photo numbers in the bottom right corner of each photo.

I think is see. . . .

Bear one is in photos # 090,091,092 and 124
Bear two is Mom Bear and in photos # 105, 108, 131 and 132
Bear three is in Photos# 102 and 103 is a big Question Mark ❓ for me. Is it a distinct Bear or just the cub looking bigger than he is?

When I compare these two photos I feel maybe 60% Vs 40% that these are two different animals

Remember the trail cam is in the same spot & the bears are standing almost the exact same distance away. I think the 1st is a bigger bear/cub then the 2nd. . . . . .LOL maybe :)
WGI_0102.JPG

WGI_0132.JPG

nothing other than a Moose can disappear as quick as a bear. stood under a cedar watching a little BB about 130lbs walk down the hill and slurp up a gut pile.
waited still until it walked past me and climbed on a stump. stepped out and said BOO! on instant he was there nest he was nowhere! never even heard that one leave.

I will guess three, but one is too many for this flatlander, I would be gone already, game camera could fend for itself.

There is a certain something about hunting an animal that could also see you as a meal. Albeit 99 out of 100 Black Bears see us as nothing but trouble, knowing that 1 in 100 bear might be slaking me as I stalk him. . . . . well for me THAT is what Bear hunting is all about. 👦🏻 and knowing one is close by. . . . man that gets me excited.

nothing other than a Moose can disappear as quick as a bear. stood under a cedar watching a little BB about 130lbs walk down the hill and slurp up a gut pile.
waited still until it walked past me and climbed on a stump. stepped out and said BOO! on instant he was there nest he was nowhere! never even heard that one leave.
Here's where he landed after you yelled "Boo".
20200501_192738 - Copy (2).jpg

Albeit 99 out of 100 Black Bears see us as nothing but trouble,
Unfortunately, with out bear population exploding in this part of my state, and no season on them, our bears have lost all sense of humans being "trouble."
Doesn't help that many people feed them deliberately, and many more feed them by just being lazy or negligent and doing nothing to keep bears from finding and getting tasty meals on their property.
I really wish our bears would find us to be trouble again. While not aggressive usually, their lack of fear is unnerving.

Oh, and, I think those two pics you posted separately are the same cub. In one pic she is closer to the downed log and thus the camera, also her butt end is higher on the hill, with his nose down sniffing or eating something, she looks bigger.

Oh, and, I think those two pics you posted separately are the same cub. In one pic she is closer to the downed log and thus the camera, also her butt end is higher on the hill, with his nose down sniffing or eating something, she looks bigger.

It vary well may be. . . . if it is a different bear, it is also vary small. I have 3 other trail cams without a single bear so far, next week I'll move at least two if they still have no bear. Season starts next month. .. I'm in hopes the bear in the 1st three photos makes a regular use of the creek crossing these trails all intersect to.

So far that is my only hope beyond dumb luck, of a shot at a bear. . . . and I KNOW there is at least this one Mom & Cub complicating things for me if I hunt this trail intersection. 😐

My 2 sons and myself were sitting on the side of a mountain in south central Colorado, watching an open field below us for elk, also having a snack. This BB came walking through the field slowly, weighed maybe 200 lbs. We were pretty well concealed and just watched him walk on by and out of sight. Wasn't 10-15 minutes later I heard this rustling behind me, told the boys, "draw up, bear"! Of course when we jumped up and started waving, he ran off. Fact is when he was walking past down in the open field he scented us and circled around. They are cagey rascals.

Latest posts

Back