• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How Many Are There of Us, State by State, Country by Country

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

musketman

Passed On
Reaction score
I went through the Muzzleloading Forum's Community Directory members list and recorded all of our locations, (as of member# 552) it goes as follows... 01-04-04

Last member number is #552...
There is a total of 468 members...
There is 84 "SKIPPED" numbers... (2,4-17,19,30, ect...)

Alabama, 9 members
Alaska, 8 members
Arizona, 9 members
Arkansas, 5 members
California, 12 members
Colorado, 6 members
Connecticut, 1 member
Delaware, 1 member
District of Columbia, 0 members
Florida, 10 members
Georgia, 12 members
Hawaii, 1 member
Idaho, 4 members
Illinois, 12 members
Indiana, 8 members
Iowa, 8 members
Kansas, 8 members
Kentucky, 8 members
Louisiana, 4 members
Maine, 2 members
Maryland, 4 members
Massachusetts, 5 members
Michigan, 18 members
Minnesota, 7 members
Mississippi, 1 member
Missouri, 14 members
Montana, 1 members
Nebraska, 2 members
Nevada, 3 members
New Mexico, 3 members
New Jersey, 3 members
New Hampshire, 3 members
New York, 22 members
North Carolina, 9 members
North Dakota, 1 members
Ohio, 20 members
Oklahoma, 5 members
Oregon, 13 members
Pennsylvania, 20 members
Rhode Island, 2 members
South Carolina, 7 members
South Dakota, 2 members
Tennessee, 10 members
Texas, 14 members
Utah, 5 members
Vermont, 5 members
Virginia, 7 members
Wasgington, 4 members
West Virginia, 4 members
Wisconsin, 9 members
Wyoming, 1 member

Unlisted, 84 members
U.S.A. only, 5 members

Canada, 16 members
Sweeden, 1 member
U.K., 1 member
India, 1 member
Norway, 2 members
Switzerland, 2 members
Hungry, 1 member
Austraila, 1 member

quote:Originally posted by musketman:
Last member number is #552...
There is a total of 468 members...
There is 84 "SKIPPED" numbers... (2,4-17,19,30, ect...)
Somebody has way too much time on their hands.
grin.gif

The skipped numbers are due to deletions. Every once in a while we send out an email to all registered members. Accounts with bad addresses are deleted.

quote:Originally posted by Claude Mathis:
Accounts with bad addresses are deleted. That's what I thought, can you tell I was board out of my mind last night?
grin.gif

I was just a wondering, but not too far, I could get lost...
grin.gif

It is interesting to compare the number of members with the number of posters who have posted, this is common on many forums, probably 10% or less are actively posting/responding to posts.

quote:Originally posted by tg:
probably 10% or less are actively posting/responding to posts. TG: 10% or less may be a high guess,
rolleyes.gif
just imagine how much ideas and information could be exchanged if as much as 50% of the members were active...

Maybe I'll check this out too...
Next weekend...
Thanks...

Yes indeed a thanks to Claude, this forum even when things are a bit heated dies not come to the vile hatefull exchanges that I have seen elsewhere. I think that most forums tend to shake out and settle to a core of generally like minded individuals with a few others on either of the other ends of the spectrum that post, while the silent majority are quiet and not sharing their opinions, hopefully they are learning what to do or not to do in some cases, and in time may come to join the melee and share their own life from down the front expriences.

quote:Originally posted by Stumpkiller:
Yea New York!

We're #1! We're #1!
Sorry to pop your bubble, but "UNLISTED" is #1... (84 members)

That makes New York #2...
grin.gif
(numerically speaking, not bodily function speaking...)
grin.gif
rolleyes.gif

And, it "IS" through the efforts of Cluade Mathis that we have a safe, friendly place to exchange ideas and make some new friends...

What's the chances all the "Unlisted" are from the same spot/state/country? Unless maybe it's that they're all from West Virginia and didn't pick that choice because it wasn't listed as "West - By God - Virginia."

Statistically, every region should have an equal number of paranoid, non-location divulging participants so the 84 can either be distributed on a weighted average of the known categories or ignored. Either way . . . We're still #1!

(And I add my thanks to Claude M. for his efforts and great indulgences in allowing us knuckle-heads to enjoy this forum).

quote:Originally posted by Stumpkiller:
Unless maybe it's that they're all from West Virginia and didn't pick that choice because it wasn't listed as "West - By God - Virginia."That's next to East Virginia, right?
rolleyes.gif

OK, you can be #1, I guess...

hey! what about da u.p. dat ain't even listed, eh?

take care, daniel

quote:Originally posted by djnye:
hey! what about da u.p. dat ain't even listed, eh?The U.P. is it's own state???
Last I knew, it was part of Michigan...

Or, we can call it North Ohio...
grin.gif
(don't yell, I'm just joking...)
shocked.gif
rolleyes.gif
grin.gif

Looks like you all have good reasons why your state is #1 in quantity, I guess here in IOWA we will have to be content with #1 in QUALITY.
grin.gif

Really surprised that there aren't more from the group of states that have had New Hampshire's Thompson Center at their back door for 35 years

One thing I don't understand about the u.p.- Why is it part of Michigan when it's attached to Wisconsin?

Back