• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How do ya plan to get your Gobbler this Spring?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll make a stop at Winn-Dixie myself :grin: . I've never been Turkey hunting and the only person I know who does is my nieces husband and they are 250 miles away :( Maybe I can leave a careful suggestion next time I talk to her.

My turkey load is 80 grains 2f and a 90 gr measure of #6 copper plated shot. I use an 1/8" over powder wad, 2- 1/4" lubed felt cushion wads, and a single overshot card. Throws a good pattern, has a full choke.

P8200428 by okawbow, on Flickr

Going to try turkey hunting for the first time this year. No ML allowed for turkey around here and I do not own a smoothbore anyhow, so it is a modern shotgun for me.

I got permission to hunt on a farm with at least 60 birds roaming around the place, so my odds are good. Should be a lot of fun.

Yep, you guys can keep the snow.

20 years in Alaska gave me an appreciation for the cool rain of the Oregon coast. No need to shovel rain. :)

I am currently working up a load for my newly acquired T/C new englander. So far 85 grains of goex ffg 1 1/4 ozs of #4 and #6 mixed. Seems to be a good load. Season here does not start until May 1st. Cant wait

I plan to sit in my blind over a food plot like I do every year. When bird shows up I pull trigger and walk back to truck. Blind has a good roof and slab wood sides. Looks like small log cabin. Keeps me warm and dry and it works for me every year.

This is gonna be my first year hunting turkey with my t/c 56 smoothbore. Once it warms up here some im gonna get out and try some different loads. Im thinking about starting with 90 ffg goex and the same volume of #5 shot and see what that gives me. If i can get a good pattern out to 25 or 30 yds id be happy.

Back