• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

How did we get here?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

guncobbler

40 Cal.
Reaction score
So in the beginning there was a void ... no Muzzleloading Forum. For the benefit us everyone who was not there at the creation - just how did this forum start? Did it spring full formed from a clam shell or are we sitting on the back of a snapping turtle? Would those who know the story care to tell us our history. Thanks much for what we have but it would be good to know how we got here. GC

I would also be intrested in knowing how it all started!!! :peace: :RO: :thumbsup: :redthumb:

In the beginning there was Claude. And Claude was alone. And in a California garage did two nerds solder and byte, and outforth sprung an Apple. And it was good. But uses it had few. For a score of years did Claude byte the Apple but it bore no fruit. And did to Claude a lightbulb illuminate from on high and did his passion for blackpowder and reenacting come forth and he said: "Upon the face of this Internet shall I place my server and the host of like minds shall I be." And it was good.

But alone did Claude again find himself, as did visitations come but infrequently. And he smote the Apple with his ramrod and did Musketman appear in full garb and with multitudes of posts did he populate the ether. And it was good.

And did tg, and NoPowder, and Plains 99, and Roundball, and Ohio Joe, and Zonie enter the fertile lands from the land of Nod and did produce, but a sleep was upon them.

And then did Stumpkiller do a web search and fall under the shadow of Claude, and into hades was he cast with smokes of great fire and stench of brimstone.

And it was good.

And did then Liver-eatin Johnson, and Squirrelsaures Rex, and Maxiball (who was cast from the garden) and Snake Eyes 1000 (our 1000th member), and
multitudes of the lost children who journey aimlessly but arrive in numbers daily and are embraced.

And it was good.

So in the beginning there was a void ... no Muzzleloading Forum. For the benefit us everyone who was not there at the creation - just how did this forum start?

Actually, I like Stumpy's version better, but here's the short version of the story...

I used to visit a lot of black powder/muzzleloading "bulletin boards", but I found each of them lacking in some way. Either the tone of the discussions or the software that ran the system just wasn't right.

I suggested numerous ways to improve them, but none of the owners were receptive. I even volunteered to help. They all had reasons as to why they were doing things the way they did, or that they feared changing anything.

I got frustrated and started my own.

But, it's the members who have made this Forum what it is. :applause:

In the beginning there was Claude. And Claude was alone. And in a California garage did two nerds solder and byte, and outforth sprung an Apple. And it was good. But uses it had few. For a score of years did Claude byte the Apple but it bore no fruit. And did to Claude a lightbulb illuminate from on high and did his passion for blackpowder and reenacting come forth and he said: "Upon the face of this Internet shall I place my server and the host of like minds shall I be." And it was good.

But alone did Claude again find himself, as did visitations come but infrequently. And he smote the Apple with his ramrod and did Musketman appear in full garb and with multitudes of posts did he populate the ether. And it was good.

And did tg, and NoPowder, and Plains 99, and Roundball, and Ohio Joe, and Zonie enter the fertile lands from the land of Nod and did produce, but a sleep was upon them.

And then did Stumpkiller do a web search and fall under the shadow of Claude, and into hades was he cast with smokes of great fire and stench of brimstone.

And it was good.

And did then Liver-eatin Johnson, and Squirrelsaures Rex, and Maxiball (who was cast from the garden) and Snake Eyes 1000 (our 1000th member), and
multitudes of the lost children who journey aimlessly but arrive in numbers daily and are embraced.

And it was good.

Stumpy....you missed yer callin' !!!!!!!
:redthumb: :redthumb: :redthumb:

:haha: :crackup: :haha: :crackup:
Stumpy,

That has got to be the best read I've had in a long time! :crackup: :haha: :crackup:

Claude, there was a movie once where a man asked a reporter why he didn't print the truth ,and the reporter said something to the effect of, " When the legend is more interesting than the truth...we print the legend."

In other words; I like Stumpy's version better...it's now legend! :crackup: :crackup:

Claude, there was a movie once where a man asked a reporter why he didn't print the truth ,and the reporter said something to the effect of, " When the legend is more interesting than the truth...we print the legend."

In other words; I like Stumpy's version better...it's now legend! :crackup: :crackup:

Wait... Can I change my story? :crackup:

The "legend" of Claude,.... will some day, bring him "great wealth, and fame"!! (HEY!!... ain't "he" the guy, thet's aready "rich'n famous"????) :haha: :haha: :master: :master:

YMHS
rollingb

There is absolutly no way I can even begin to top Stumpies version! It even has a great deal of truth in it (and for Stumpy that's a bit :shocking:).

By wading into the dark tombs of the computer I saw what is perhaps the oldest post! It was by Musketman and it was dated Jan 15, 2003. There may have been more lying deeper in the gloom but the strength of the Brimstone fumes and my failing "slow match" prevented my delving further.

I arrived from the land of Nod (as Stumpy says) on October 4th 2003 and I too have found much to rejoice over.

Sense that day I have seen the Forum Grow, not only in membership but in diversity (dam I hate that word, but it fits so well I must use it).

Claude has expanded the forum a great deal sense my arrival.
He has been generous in giving us more and more places to visit and learn from (and to put in our 2 cents worth).

Forums he has added after my arrival include:
M.L. Links, Rifle Competition, Surveys, Pre Flintlock, Smoothbore, Builders Bench, Modern Muzzleloaders, Modern ML Hunting, Share your Persona, Early Plainsman and Trekking. There may be more, but only Claude knows for sure.

Claude is, of course, right. Without you members and your help, this Forum would be nothing.
Thanks for working with us to make it The Best Muzzleloading/Reenacting Forum in the World. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Well,I found this great place when Tim Hamblin closed his site.Gotta say that this is a fine group with a wealth of information and opinion. :applause:

:master: :master: :master: :master: :redthumb: :thumbsup: :RO: :applause:

Fantastic Stumpkiller!!

And it was good (too).

:master: :master: :master: :master: :redthumb: :thumbsup: :RO: :applause:

Fantastic Stumpkiller!!

And it was good (too).

This also proves, thet not "only" is Stumpy "quick witted" , but he's also "fleet of foot" ,..... 'cause he found this site, a "day" before I did!! :thumbsup: :applause: :master: ::

YMHS
rollingb

Fantastic Stumpkiller!!

This also proves, thet not "only" is Stumpy "quick witted" , but he's also "fleet of foot" ,..... 'cause he found this site, a "day" before I did!! :thumbsup: :applause: :master: ::

YMHS
rollingb [/quote]

Rollingb, That's only cuz he can see a little better than you!
Regards,
Terry

Stumpy, that is so funny, I'll be thinking about that ALL day long! Your post needs to be preserved in a hall of fame or something

AND IN THE BEGINNING THERE WAS CLAUDE........

I love it, this forum is great!

Stumpy - that was great - only one thing you left out ...

... and it was very good!

Thanks.

By wading into the dark tombs of the computer I saw what is perhaps the oldest post! It was by Musketman and it was dated Jan 15, 2003.

The first post was actually made by "flipr" on 08/20/01.

Because I've deleted old posts to save space, it is no longer available.

The first post was actually made by "flipr" on 08/20/01.

Because I've deleted old posts to save space, it is no longer available.

You deleted Flipper??? :eek: :crackup:

canflipper.jpg

Back