• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Horn ,Hachet And Widdle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BOGG

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Here are some things that I have made lately. The Horn is the third I have made my first deep carved pattern. The end plug is made out of black walnut that was left over from when they built my house in 1861. I don't know why they used a piece of black walnut 3x13 for a floor joist,but they left the in cuts on the stone fondation I have made some knife handles with them also.
I got the hachet off ebay for $9.99. I did some handle work and added the leather. I have used it alot and it keeps a very good edge. Can anyone tell me just what this hachet was made for and when. Makes a great belt axe just the right size.
I found a pattern for this hand wood vice on the internet and hade to make one. Made the widdleling on my deer entler fishooks and needles very simple. I'll post a pitcher of the Trout when I find one hungrey enough or dumb enough to swallow it. I carry my widdle things on a leather lined horn carrier that I made. I'll scrim it once I learn how. The bees wax candle I made using some kind of plant as a mold for the candle. Worked abosultly perfect.
P9034183.jpg
P1074261.jpg
P1074260.jpg

BOGG,
Don't know much about the other things, but I really like the horn! Good work. :applause:
snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Hatchet looks like an old carpenters hatchet to me, I've got one my G-Dad used that is similar. Like that horn, authentic looking.

hey bogg,

are you the same bogg that sells all that muzzel loading stuff on e-bay???

..ttfn..grampa..

The hatchet used to be a ball peen hammer, age indeterminate. Good looking handwork!

greetings,

bogg makes great stuff at a very reasonable price. at one time bought one of everything he had. this guy has talent.

bidding on one of his quivers at this time.. hope you guys don't bid me up too hi.. :shocked2:

..ttfn..grampa..

Latest posts

Back