• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help with another one please

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fredrader

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok, I picked this one up today in a trade and I don't know if it is a shotgun or a smoothbore musket or what. It looks old and only has 2 markings on it (Seen in pics). It has a cobbled up ramrod but looks solid and has nice wood and engraving.Bore is .608 and is .735 across the outside.. The Brl is 34" long and the whole thing is 49.5" Overall with a 13" LOP..Any help would be appreciated..

Link to photobucket

English (Birmingham)-made export fowler dating after 1813 and before 185? (I forget the exact date and am to lazy to look it up at the moment). I am pretty certain the lock is a replacement as it does not fit anywhere near well enough so it may even have begun life as a flintlock.

Thanks, That is a lot more than I knew about it. It is very light and handles great and looks cool too... Thanks

I think it must have been made sometime after 1937.
That was the year Cadillac started using the Phillips head screw. Mr Phillips designed it around 1934.

:rotf:

Just funnin with you. :grin:

Nice looking old shotgun. :)

Back