• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Help getting info on TC HAWKEN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Coates

32 Cal
Reaction score
I recently acquired a .50 cal TC Hawken percussion

I am trying to do some “DNA” on my recently acquired TC Hawken .50 cal SN#149XXX.

It has double set triggers.

Someone i stalled a tang sight. I would lime to get an orig. sight.

Any info is appreciated.

Production date estimate? (much info lost in TC fire)

Attachments

• IMG_9076.jpeg
    IMG_9076.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1
  • IMG_9077.jpeg
    IMG_9077.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9078.jpeg
    IMG_9078.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
I recently acquired a .50 cal TC Hawken percussion

I am trying to do some “DNA” on my recently acquired TC Hawken .50 cal SN#149XXX.

It has double set triggers.

Someone i stalled a tang sight. I would lime to get an orig. sight.

Any info is appreciated.

Production date estimate? (much info lost in TC fire)
You can find the sights on Ebay, as to age, early is all I can say, probably the 70's.

If you go to the search function and type in dating a Thompson Center you will find pages of discussion and some SN'n vs purchase year information. That may help.

Also there are 2 different hole spacings, early and late for your rear sight so be sure to specify which one you need.

Thanks,
O.R.

Back