• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cheyenne

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello, I've been lurking here for the past week or so reading as much as I can. I'm in Kirby Texas, basically in San Antonio.

Little background, I was a cop in Kansas City, then we moved to Texas where I worked for Cimarron for six years. I have good knowledge of the replica industry, and really find most replicas lacking in lines and grace! Though they are good, for the most part, the wood tends to be bulky and ill shaped, at least in most Italian Long Rifles I've examined.....when I was 14 I saved up and bought my first gun, a 45 caliber Flinter from EMF....don't know who actually made it, but it was pretty good, except the ramrod was a two piece affair and to seat the ball you had to attach the extension. At some point I got away from it, then years later got a Browning mountain rifle....pretty nice Hawken style gun, except I never really liked the single set trigger....at least on the one I had it was mushy. That one was traded in on a .54 Flint lock Southern Mountain style rifle. It had about a 42" barrel, swamped and was a great gun. I was at a shoot in Missouri and the trader had it and I guess he felt sorry for me and wanted me to stop drooling on his guns, so a trade was struck. This one rifle struck in me the lines and styling that make a great rifle. A few years later it was sold....impetuous youth!

Now I long to get back to my roots and desire a good .54, probably a Lancaster style and intend to build it, most likely from a 'kit', though right now I'm suffering from sensory overload between TOTW, Petonica, Chambers, TVM, Possible Shop, and others.

Anyway, I'm thankful we have a board such as this and am looking forward to getting advice from like minded individuals, and look forward to interacting with you guys. :master:

Glad to have you here!

You mentioned KC. Were you in Kansas or Missouri? I used to live in Leavenworth...as a citizen, that is! I worked all over the KC area and often ate at Wyandott BBQ.

Welcome to the board.

Pare-

Welcome Cheyenne,

Shouldn't take long to narrow it down with all the reviews and advice available around here. I know what you mean about sellers remorse - had that too many times myself. Anyway, hope you enjoy the forum and get to know all the good folks who make it such a unique place.

:thumbsup:

LEJ

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Pare, at one point or t'other, I've lived on both sides. Was a Deputy in Wyandotte Coyunty, then went to work for the Edwardsville PD. Yup, know Wyandotte Bar-B-Qie well! Good food!

:applause:

Funny, now I'm hungry! ::

Cheyenne,
welcome to the forum glad to have you on board!!
lots of information here which i am sure you contribute to!!!
again welcome and stay active

I am snake-eyes :) :thumbsup: :)

Back