• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello. Regards

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hermanoshawken

36 Cal.
Reaction score
Hola, vivo en España. Tengo 51 años de edad, y me gustan las armas de avancarga desde que era niño. Mi abuelo y mi padre aún cazaban con una escopeta de avancarga, después de la Guerra Civil española (1936-1939). También me enamoré de estas armas por el cine, por películas como "Across the Wide Missouri", "Northwest Passage", "The Big Sky", "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier", "The Kentuckian","Many Rivers to Cross", etc. Me quedé fascinado con "Jeremiah Jhonson". Con 25 años y con mi primer sueldo compré un rifle Hawken del calibre 50, fabricado en España por Ardesa que fabrica para Traditions. También he tenido rifles de A.M.R., y el "mountain" Dikar ( fabrica para C.V.A.). Yo he cazado con el "Hawken Santa Fe de Uberti del 54", dos jabalís en Asturias que es mi Estado. Además tengo el Rocky Mountain Hawken de Pedersoli.
Un saludo para todos.

Hello.
I live in Spain. I am 51 years old, and I like muzzleloaders since childhood. My grandfather and my father still hunted with a shotgun muzzleloader after the Spanish Civil War (1936-1939). I also fell in love with these weapons in cinema, for films like "Across the Wide Missouri", "Northwest Passage", "The Big Sky", "Davy Crockett, King of the Wild Frontier", "The Kentuckian", "Many Rivers to Cross ", etc.. I was fascinated with "Jeremiah Johnson." At 25 and with my first salary I bought a .50 caliber Hawken rifle, manufactured in Spain by Ardesa that makes for Traditions. I've also the "54 mountain Dikar" (manufactured for CVA). I've hunted with "Uberti Santa Fe Hawken 54" two boars in Asturias, my state. Also I have the 54 Pedersoli Hawken Rocky Mountain.
Regards

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you've a good background with muzzleloaders plus a great heritage if your father and grandfather still used them in the 1930's. Please feel free to ask any questions or post any comments you have. :thumbsup:

Bienvenido al foro, mi esposa y yo desean visitar España el próximo año para celebrar nuestro 30 aniversario. Me gustaría saber acerca de su región, posiblemente podríamos encontrarnos.

:wink: Hola. Gracias por la acogida. Asturias es una tierra muy bonita, con prados muy verdes y laderas con bosques y altas montañas. Ahora las autoridades están intentado recuperar el oso (que es de color pardo). Aquí hay ciervos, rebecos, corzos (aunque pocos), pero si muchos jabalis. Los lobos son un problema pero no se pueden cazar. En España queremos que cazar con armas de avancarga llegue a ser legal. Aquí los "mountain" de Dikar (ahora Bergara Barrels para la CVA) y los "Hawken" de Ardesa (en U.S.A. Traditions) son buenos rifles y bastante más baratos que las armas de avancarga de Pedersoli. Supongo que ustedes conocen el "Hawken Woodsman". En c. 50 y 54 buenos para disparar a 55 yardas. 10 disparos en 3,5 pulgadas tirando de pie, segun las normas de la MLAIC.
Saludos.

Hello. Thanks for the welcome. Asturias is a beautiful land, with pretty green meadows, forested slopes and high mountains. Now authorities are trying to recover the bear (which is brown). Here are deer, chamois, roe deer (though few), but many wild boars. Wolves are a problem, but can not be hunted. In Spain we want to hunt with muzzleloaders becomes legal. Here the "mountain" of Dikar (now Bergara Barrels for CVA) and "Hawken" of Ardesa (Traditions in USA) are good rifles and quite cheaper than the Pedersoli muzzleloader. I guess you know the "Hawken Woodsman". In c. 50 and 54 shoot very well at 55 yards, off hand. 10 shots in 3.5 inches, MLAIC rules.
Regards

Oh yea!! I love to hunt the wild boar. Sounds like Spain is a lot more wilderness than I realized. I remember watching, "For Whom The Bell Tolls", and it was very mountainous. Though I'm not sure if it was filmed in Spain. I think I speak for all of us that you post some photos of some of your hunts.

Hello, and welcome! Looking forward to some stories and pictures of your area.

Latest posts

Back