• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from west Texas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bus driver

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I'm a severely computer challenged military retiree, living in west Texas. Not much of a BP following in this area. I have been shooting black powder off and on from late 1960's. Have strayed, but am trying to return to the fold. Currently have a Traditions percussion 50 caliber rifle and a Navy Arms 1860 44 caliber Army.
Appears there are many knowledgable members on this site and I hope by reading their postings I can avoid a lot of dead ends, and shorten the learning curve about current black powder abilities. If this posts, thanks for reading it.

Welcome :hatsoff: Great forum here with TONS of info! You are correct, lots of knowledgable people here willing to share their experiences!

yes there do seem to be a lot of texicans around these parts, always room fer another! welcome to the camp! :hatsoff:

Welcome to the MLF Byron! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share. Glad you found our camp so pull up a stump and join us at the fire.

Welcome Byron. I don't know where in Texas you are located (it's a huge State), but there are a bunch of Texans here; maybe you can hook up with some close to you.

I live in Levelland, TX, about 38 miles west of Lubbock. Name of the town describes the countryside for those of you living near woods, water or mountains.
Thanks for the welcomes so far. Think I will hunker down for a spell and read and listen. Charcoal Burner

Welcome to the forum, you already know about how addictive black powder is, sounds like you have been afflicted for a while.

Back