• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from SE Michigan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wyandotte

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello friends, I just completed a longtime quest to acquire a flintlock musket. Been since I was a little kid visiting the Fort Michilimackinac in Northern Michigan many years ago that I wanted one. Seems that some other gun deal would come up and get my interest off of flintlocks.
Been collecting and shooting all types for 20+ years, mostly semi guns, AR15/AK47.
Recently went back to visit the Fort with my teens (both avid shooters) and decided I needed a flint gun. I have a T/C inline now and used to have a CVA Frontier rifle I built from a kit. It never worked very well though, lot of misfires.

I wanted a Charleville or Brown Bess and ended up getting both. Used, 70's import Japanese made Navy arms guns off of gunbroker. 1776 Charleville is in the white, good condition, the Bess is still on the way to me, should have it next week. My son, 14, is thrilled with these too.

Looking for sources for proper sized cases for transporting these. Probably have 30 gun cases and not one will fit a 60" musket :haha:

Have enjoyed reading the forum for a short time and thought it would be good to say hello.

Dave

Welcome Wyandotte, I had the same trouble awhile back looking for a case. I found one at Cabela's. I ordered it on line. I would not trust driving to Dundee in hopes that they have one in the store. Oh, the case was black, full length zipper and it seems they had a couple of different lengths. There are other sources I'm sure.

Welcome to the MLF wyandotte! Lots of good info here. Can't help u on the musket situation, I don't know much about them.

:hatsoff:

Welcome to the MLF Dave! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here on the site. Give us a range report when you can.

Welcome to te camp :hatsoff: .
I love your way of doing things -- If you can't decide between this gun or than, buy both :thumbsup: :rotf:

I find there are fewer regrets that way.

The path to true knowledge is paved with wasted money.

Thanks for the kind welcome.

Hey Wyandotte, welcome to the board. Where in SE Mi you hail from? Lots of good folks here with all the information you will ever need. Also, lots of good doin's in our home area if you're not familiar. Give a shout if you need info on the area.

Rick

Howdy Wyandotte, I'm a bit north of you in Highland. My family on my Dad's side came from Wyandotte many moons ago. Quite a few from MI here on the forum.Glad to hear that you're getting into the flinters. Lots of experience here on the forum.

Welcome from your neighbor to the West! If you post your request for long gun cases on the general forum, you should receive answers. I know this has been discussed earlier, so maybe a search will turn up something. Generally, the long, hard cases are pretty pricey, but they are available.

Back