• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from S. E. Michigan!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jeffegg2

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Two guns that I dream for are the

1858 Remington

Kentucky long rifle flintlock.

Problem is I don't know where I could fire them. :shocked2:

Also, is there a smokeless powder that one could use for an indoor range?

Welcome to the MLF! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp. Looks like your getting some answers to your questions already. Pull up a stump and join us at the fire.

Yep, I know the feeling.
The Remmie was the first BP gun I bought.
You'll have to search your area for an outdoor range. None of the indoor ranges I frequent allow BP or subs to be used, not just because of the smoke, but because unburned powder collects in small, out-of-the-way places and has been known to cause flash-fires.
Anyway, join us over in the handgun thread and join in!

Welcome. There is a wealth of knowledgeable folks here. The cost of that type of exhaust system is prohibitive so indoor ranges won't allow BP to be shot. As for smokeless it will ruin a good gun and possibly you as well. So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

Welcome to the fire
Where in S.E. Mich?
Check out Western Wayne Conservation club in Wayne County or Multi-Lakes Conservation club in Oakland County
Hope this helps

Hi Jeff. Welcome to the forum. The Kalamazoo show is coming up on the 19 & 20 of March.There's always plenty of longrifles for sale there, or at least you'll have a chance to talk to the builders. I don't know about the Remingtons, possibly you'll see one for sale there. You can join a shooting club in your area to be able to have a place to shoot. Some have covered shooting benches if the weather is bad. They will be able to help you in safety issues for shooting black powder rifles. Rob

Welcome Jeff
Try on line with the Michigan muzzle loading Association. You will find there all the shoot dates of the Assoc. but also contact people for the places the shoots take place. If you contact those people I am sure they will be more than happy to give you info on their club or range. There are several that you could choose from in your locality. See you on the line.

Back