• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Northern Michigan

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tcoggins

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Hello. New member here from Northern Michigan. As a kid, my dad and I shot muzzleloaders just about every weekend, and had a competition once a month. I bought parts to build a muzzleloader when I was 14, but never finished it. CVA mountain rifle stock and hardware, Green Mountain barrel, etc.

A couple years ago, my son found a CVA big bore mountain rifle kit at a yard sale for $40. We messed around with that for a while, but recently got it back out. He finished his kit a week or so ago, and I finally finished mine (after only 35 years).

I signed up for this forum so I can re-learn the ropes to muzzleloading and spend time with my son like I did with my dad. Looking to shoot patched round balls, with real black powder.

Thanks.

Tim

Hi Tim, I'm glad you found the forum. Be sure to search the various forum for good info.

I've never been to Michigan, but I know it's a beautiful state!!

Welcome Tim! Born in Escanaba but raised all over the US and Pacific, military brat. My mom was from Gladstone my dad from Wisconsin.

Welcome Tim.

There are a few of use from Michigan on here :thumbsup: Pretty country over there on your side of the state. I`m from the thumb myself.

Welcome back! And welcome to the Forum. Glad to see that you are continuing the tradition with your Son, that you had with your Father. :thumbsup:

Lots of really knowledgeable folks on here who can help you with the answers to any questions you might have. And you'll remember much of what you knew from years back.

Have fun.

Thank you all for the warm welcome. We went out yesterday and shot the muzzleloaders with my dad. What a hoot. We have some tweaking to do, but what a great time.

Thanks.

Tim

Welcome!

I was born and raised in TC. What year did you graduate? I was 78.

Foster From Flint

I've got my best friend lives in TS. He and I were in the service together. Welcome to the wonderful world of muzzleloaders.

Welcome to the forum. There's lots of answers to any question you might have around here. Sure a bunch of knowledge packed into one forum. And the folks here are able and willing to help you along. I'm from Highland,MI, but I'm up in Frederic a lot when the snow isn't too deep to get to the cabin. Hope to hear from you on how it's progressing along. Rob

I grew up in Sanford, moved to Traverse City in 1989.

I'll post some photos from the range when I get a chance.

Thanks.

Tim

Back