• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from NorCal

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TS12

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi.

I am brand new to black powder and muzzle-loaders and am starting my learning from scratch (though I own and shoot several historic 20th century rifles).

I live in the Bay Area, CA., but my family roots are entirely British and the former British Empire, and my primary (though not exclusive) interest is in recreating the experiences of several of my direct ancestors. Three of these served during the New Zealand Land Wars at various times from 1845 to 1866. At least one served as a career soldier throughout the Napoleonic Wars. One saw service in India during the 1840s.

My first toe in the water is a Pattern 1853 Enfield Rifle Musket (Armi Sport). One of my G-G-grandfathers used the original in action in New Zealand.

I'm here to learn.

Welcome to the Forum, I too live in the bay area [San Jose], and we have a few others around the area including Los Gatos and San Francisco....

WELCOME!!
You will meet alot of good people here :thumbsup:
Have Fun
Phil

Welcome, from New Zealand. Very interesting story. Have you done any research on your ancestor over here?

Thank you for the welcomes.

@Powderboye - yes, considerable research. It is ongoing and always fascinating.

Back