• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from MO!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sssnot

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Good morning!

I'm a retired Military Policeman working as a DA civilian here at Fort Leonard Wood, MO. I'm very interested in finding out more information about the Military Police Harpers Ferry pistols donated to the MP Corps museum about 50 years ago by an MP General. I have noticed two different versions of this "Harpers Ferry" pistol--one with a knearled grip and one without--but I can't seem to find any more information about them. How many models of this pistol were released/issued? What were the different model numbers?

These 'crossed pistols' were the inspiration for the current MP Corps Regimental Insignia. But, surprisingly, even the MP Corps museum does not have this information, though I have also sent an email to the MP Historian--I'll post what he comes up with here if anyone is interested.

Anyway, I'm glad I found this forum and its wealth of info!

One last question: Does anyone know of a Harpers Ferry pistol replica that is mechanically functional, has very good quality/detail, and is reasonably priced? *This pistol does not have to be designed to actually fire, just function mechanically.

sssnut,
Welcome to the MLF glad to have you with
us. I am not into the little M/L but a lot of
folks here are, so I'm sure you will find the
information you need, just go to the proper
forums and ask your questions. Visit often and
contribute when you can and have fun.
again welcome and stay active
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Hello and Welcome! As you'll find, most of the people here are very helpful. And sometimes you get more detailed information from people here then you can get from a book on the subject. It's kind'a hard to tell a book that you don't understand what it's saying, well, here you can say that you don't understand, and get a reply. Sorry some of us here are a little :youcrazy: if you get my drift. Enjoy!

Preacher :hatsoff:

But it's all in fun, huh Preacher. Welcome aboard sssnot! I'll betchya there's someone hear on the board who can answer your questions on those pistoles.
:hatsoff:

lennowenoxie said:
But it's all in fun, huh Preacher. Welcome aboard sssnot! I'll betchya there's someone hear on the board who can answer your questions on those pistoles.
:hatsoff:

I'll let you know if I'll take you up on this bet!

:winking:

Thanks for all of the replies!

Welcome sssnot,

This is the greatest forum for the traditinal ML shooter or historian. Here you will find the people who either now or can find the answers you need. Look foward to all you posts. :hatsoff:

Welcome to the best muzzleloading site on the net, hope you enjoy yourself! :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back