• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Massachusetts

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AwRuuska

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been reading here for a few days now & thought it polite to introduce myself before starting to ask any questions. I built my first rifle from a kit by Sharon (50 cal trade) rifle about 30 years ago. It's a good shooter, and I'm still shooting it in woods walk type competitions (although I'm wishing for something with more sight radius). I've been concentrating on .22 Bullseye gallery shooting for the past four years; shot on two teams for the last three years. Down to one team this year so I can explore other things (primarily photography & muzzleloading). Five matches into this season and I'm holding a 279 average, which is a point above my best season of two years ago. I just picked up a used .45 cal caplock fullstock, which is what got me poking around here. After I get it cleaned up I'll see if I can get some good pictures and maybe some folks here can tell me what I've got.

Alan: Welcome to camp! I'm a neighbor in Connecticut who's been looking for other competitive black powder shooters. Where do you hail from. I now shoot artillery at the Chicopee Sportsmens' Club in Granby Mass. Jim

Firekeeper,

I shoot at the Townsend Rod & Gun Club, and In woodswalk matches at the Leominster Sportsman's Club (Home of the Wachusett Mountain Men). The Wachusett group is very active, usually shooting every Sunday. As I'm required to be at work every Sunday I've only been getting to some of the woodswalks lately. Goal (Gun Owners Action League) list some kind of blackpowder get together nearly every weekend somewhere in Massachusetts. If you ever head this way for one of the Townsend or Leominster woodswalks shoot me a message and join our group during the shoot if you'd like.

Back