• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from Indiana

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William Eyre

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello all, I am new to the forum here and wanted to introduce myself.

I grew up shooting black powder both at targets and deer when I was old enough for my dad to take me to the woods.

I currently own 8 muzzleloaders 7 rifles from 32 to 58 caliber and one 12 gauge flintlock fowler.

All of my guns were built by my dad Bill Eyre. He has been building guns for over 40 years now and guesses his number built to be "somewhere over 100" LOL

I never thought I had the patience or skill to build a gun until recently. I have decided to give it a try and I am getting ready to buy parts to build a 20 gauge flintlock fowler for my first with the guidance of my dad. Hopefully it wont turn out too bad.

I look forward to learning and sharing with you all.

Bill

Welcome to the Camp, Briarsdad, come in and set by the fire. From your introduction, I would say you have come to the right place. You can learn much here, and share your knowledge with us as well.

Those reading your post are already itching to see pics of your flintlock fowler, when you get to building it.

In the meantime, we would love to see pics of your rifles that your Dad built for you. He sounds like a great Dad, and someone who has built "somewhere over a 100" in the last 40 years has to have learned quite a bit along the way. :thumbsup: I have no doubt that he is known to some members on this Forum.

Looking forward to your 2nd post.

Grumpa

Welcome Briarsdad!!!

I am the proud owner of two rifles that Briarsdad's dad built.

What he isn't telling you all is that his Dad builds one heck of a gun!

Glad to see you here Briarsdad. :thumbsup:

See ya soon, Skychief.

Thanks for the welcome. I will try to post some pics soon of dads rifles. I tried last night but couldn't make it work. As soon as I get my parts together I will post pics of my build also.

Thanks again for the welcome.

Thanks Skychief, I was gonna mention that dad built some very nice guns but I might be a little biased LOL.

I am sitting here at work getting ready to start the day and all I can think about is getting the chance to see and hold the rifles you own that dad builtwhen we meet up :grin: its gonna be a long day at work.

See ya soon

Welcome to the forum from a fellow Hoosier. I used to live in Seymour in Jackson county. It is about half way between Indianapolis and Louisville. I miss my Indiana and would be there today except that we are getting a bit long in the tooth and it was time for us to move nearer to family here in Texas. I love Texas and I love Indiana but I have to say that, for me, Indiana has the edge. Maybe you can enjoy it for both of us. Be sure to keep us posted on your build as it goes along. LOTS and LOTS of pictures. :photoSmile:

Bill

Thank you for the welcome! I am working on figuring out how to post pics on this forum. I will have to set up a photobucket account it appears.

Hopefully soon I will get that taken care of and finish gathering my parts.

I have been up to Logansport several times. I used to work as a union laborer and I was a maint man for a couple years workimg for the laborers training center. We had a school up there and I would occasionally have to head up there and work on a tractor or some other equipmemt. It was a nice area right along the Wabash river. Thanks for the welcome!

Latest posts

Back