• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from E TN

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StreamHiker

32 Cal
Reaction score
Hello All,
Started hunting with a muzzleloader about 30 years ago (T/C Scout), then life happened and haven't shot BP since. Covid 19 came about, which lead to isolation. Sprinkle in some wine bottles late at night and a solid dose retail therapy, and I ended up with about a dozen BP pistols/long guns. Didn't shoot any of them since i had trouble finding affordable powder. One gunshow had a 1lb can of 3f. The seller was asking $120 for it.... He was a bit miffed when I asked him if it was black or white powder. Finally, i was able to get some 2,3 and 4f at reasonable price ($20/lb). Still hunting for some caps (10,11,muskets). Still looking for a range. I'm sure i'll have to lean on more experience voices to develop the right bullet/charge combo.... cheers.

Hello All,
Started hunting with a muzzleloader about 30 years ago (T/C Scout), then life happened and haven't shot BP since. Covid 19 came about, which lead to isolation. Sprinkle in some wine bottles late at night and a solid dose retail therapy, and I ended up with about a dozen BP pistols/long guns. Didn't shoot any of them since i had trouble finding affordable powder. One gunshow had a 1lb can of 3f. The seller was asking $120 for it.... He was a bit miffed when I asked him if it was black or white powder. Finally, i was able to get some 2,3 and 4f at reasonable price ($20/lb). Still hunting for some caps (10,11,muskets). Still looking for a range. I'm sure i'll have to lean on more experience voices to develop the right bullet/charge combo.... cheers.
welcome

Back