• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello from another Oregonion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tljack

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I am from Springfield and have been shooting muzzleloaders since I built my first in 1979. It was a Thompson Hawken 50 cal percussion. I love this rifle. I named it "Simon" after the famous frontiersman Simon Kenton. I also shoot a flintlock Kentucky pistol I built in 1980 and a Pennsylvania Issac Haines 50 cal flintlock. I love this gun as well and it and my Shiloh Sharps 40-65 are the finest guns I own.

I belong to several other Black Power forum but when I found this site I was impressed.

I hope to be an asset to it as well as be able to obtain a lot of good information. One thing I have learned from my BP experience is you can't learn it all.

Thanks for letting me be a part of the forum

Greetings from Wisconsin, welcome! You are right about the "continuing education" part of shooting muzzle loaders.

All right, somebody from Springfield that we can send over to the Gun Works and get first hand accounts on any new goodies in stock.

I'm in the Gunworks giving Joe a hard time 3 to 4 times a week! Let me know what you need. Be reasonable........... :wink:

I forgot to say, BakeovenBill that when he get new goodies in, I'll probably buy them and then tell you about them. :rotf:

Hello From Alaska!

I grew up in John Day, OR and started my muzzleloading sport as a Murder's Creek Marauder in 1973 there. (A now defunct club to the best of my knowledge)

During the 70's there were quite the shoots and rendezvous in Central, Southern, and Eastern Oregon.

Cheers,

David

used to hunt a bunch towards seneca, friends had a ranch on the west border of the strawberry wilderness and several friends over the years there. Did you know Joe & con west or the Williams brothers?
Curious!

Latest posts

Back