• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hello everyone, newbie to the site

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mdtrekker

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I would like to introduce myself being that I am new to your site. My name is Eric, 27, and I have been active in Muzzleloading and living history as well as reenactments and treks since I was 14. I currently shoot a 50cal flint, copied from a 1757 shriek rifle (spelling?) and wish to expand into the smoothbore realm. Mainly for waterfowling. Looking forward to forum use.

Hey- I live in Maryland, not an MD, only a career paramedic. Any info on directions to look for builders/ smiths of flint smoothbores in 12 or 20g?

I'd start with the Builders Bench section and post some specific questions. There are some very tallented builders on this site and hundreds of years of combined knowlege to draw from - that is what makes us so unique! You can also do a search in the Smoothbore section for previous stuff that has been covered. Above all have fun!

:winking:LEJ

"hundreds of years of combined knowlege to draw from" And that's just from Musket Man and Stmpkiller. :haha: :haha:

Hey mdtrekker,

If you're looking for custom smoothbore builders check out the Muzzleloading Links section in this forum. There are links to a number of quality builders. One additional builder I came across while cruising the Web is www.frenchfusil.com, whos website states "Specializing in custom built French smoothbores". Hope this helps your search.

mdtrekker: Youv'e just found the best Traditional site on the web.Someone here will know the answer or find it for You.Great bunch of friendly folks here! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif ::

Latest posts

Back