• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken Investarm Kit

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow nice work.

I have the .50 caliber left hand flintlock version of your kit, I bought it from Dixie Gun Works. I've gotten stuck and have not worked on it for several months. I guess in a way it's the kit I could afford, lefty's don't have many options, but not the kit I want. Nothing wrong with the kit it just doesn't light my fire anymore.

You are giving me some desire to get back to work and finish the rifle. Thanks for posting.

All steel parts polished with sandpaper 240th
I used alcohol for degreasing. 100ml bottle with enough success.
Applying fluid brunirowania repeated for 5 days in the morning and evening.
Components kept at room temperature and normal humidity in the house.
The process has been very slow but thanks I had more control over it.

After the last application of fluid waited 12 hours and proceeded to halt further corrosion. I used the sodium carbonate solution
At the end of nasmarowałem all parts of vaseline.
I got a beautiful chocolate color as you can see in the pictures.

1.74.jpg

1.75.jpg

1.76.jpg

1.77.jpg

1.78.jpg

1.79.jpg

1.80.jpg

1.83.jpg

1.84.jpg

1.85.jpg

1.86.jpg

1.87.jpg

1.88.jpg

1.89.jpg

1.91.jpg

1.92.jpg

1.93.jpg

1.94.jpg

1.95.jpg

1.96.jpg

1.97.jpg

1.99.jpg

I filed off the warnings and other markings on the barrel of a Cabelas Hawken that I have but never thought about the designs on the lock. Think I'll do that now. Have been planning to reshape the cheekpiece to more of a Tennessee style but haven't gotten around to it.

Zauważyłem użyłeś sodę zneutralizować kwasy brązujące,
Mimo, że działa, widziałem rdzy wrócić, ponieważ nie wykonać zadanie do końca.

Amoniak Gospodarstwo posiada wysokie pH i zmierza zrobić to całkiem dobrze.
Powodzenia w dalszych, rdzewiejących i dziękujemy za podzielenie się postęp.

No offense, but IMO it is probably best if messages in foreign languages should be done by using the Private Topic feature.

I mean, think of the poor moderator. :hmm:

He's got to figure out if you just made a bunch of swear words or something??? :shocked2:

I'm sure it made PC Knife feel right at home but we probably have 36 people who think you forgot your meds or your kids have been dropping their gumdrops into your keyboard again. :rotf:

Fortunately for both of us, Google's translator came to the rescue. :)

Should have posted in English, that sentence to up a lot more space in what ever you wrote lol.

Thanks for the hint of ammonia.
In fact, it turned out after a few days,
soda that did not stop the process of rusting

You may have said and I missed it. What kind of wood is that? It looks a lot like Walnut but not sure!

I really like what you have done with the project! :hatsoff:

Thank you for posting the follow-up photos of the completed rifle. You did a really nice job.
Did you use the trigger guard that came with the rifle?
I really like what you did with the patch box too.
How does it shoot?

Back