• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Muzzleloading Forum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

FOR SALE Hawken Half Stock Rifle. Reduced

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Uberti made Ithaca Hawkin. It is made from the same pattern That Cherry Corner"s used. I can find no difference in the two. I called Ithaca in the early eighties to inquire about getting one and was told they were not making any more and that they had two left. I bought both of them. As far the quality goes they are excellently made and extremely accurate, What you heard about the quality is incorrect. Uberti makes some of the best replica fire arms you can buy. I have no idea where you got your information but it was wrong. I have worked on several M.L. rifles and have yet to see one factory made that was better than the Italian made Ithaca's in looks, function and accuracy regardless of where it was made.
I agree, the first thought that popped into my mind was a Ch. Cnr.'s kit. I have the Ithaca Hawken, a real beaut. and I also concur that Uberti makes some fine rifles.

I was lucky to get one of the Ithaca Hawken kits in the late 70s. It's well built but my only two complaints are the long LOP (14 1/2"), a full inch too long for me, and the lock panels which are too large. I may address those issues this winter. View attachment 281229View attachment 281230
I like em just the way they are! The collector value is going up on these and any change from original may drastically reduce value for a collector.

If I'm not wrong, didn't Allen make kits also about the same time.

Allen's Hawkens were made by Uberti. I have one. I also had a Log Cabin Shop Hawken made by Uberti and Identical to the Allen Santa Fe Hawken but sold it to a forum member last summer. BTW. both were called .54 but were actually .53 and required .520 balls. Polecat 🦨

Trying to email you about your Hawken, am interested...and new to this site would like to converse directly with you not on the forum...Thanks!
Sven12

Latest posts

Back