• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hawken Book

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shifty

45 Cal.
Reaction score
HELP! I would like to buy a copy of the book (Hawken Rifle The Mountain Mans Choice by John Baird) if anyone has one to sell . thanks Shifty

Here ya go:
[url] http://www.abebooks.com/servl...aird&y=10&tn=hawken+rifles&x=49&sortby=2[/url]

Last edited by a moderator:
99 out of 100 old books I find in the used/out of print part of Barns and Noble Books ckd and they are out, but the last 3 books Ive got are off them, even a copy of Vol 1 of "Our Rifles all kinds 1200 to 1800"(Firearms in American History) autographed in 1910 near brand new for 30 bucks, that was only 190 cheaper than any other place without the autograph! Still a good place to ck first just not on this one (the one you want) keep cking those 3 on here so far and you'll find a good one maybe new for 30 , I did last year. Fred :hatsoff:

try the classified section on this site,it has a wanted section for that sortof stuff

:) Thanks soo much WT ,I placed an order for the book with ABE books,I would have never found one without your Help thanks again . thanks to everyone else also Shifty

My pleasure, Shifty. Enjoy that book. I'm gonna have to get one for myself.
[url] www.abebooks.com[/url] is a listing service showing the online offerings of 12k antiquarian booksellers around the world.
[url] www.bookfinder.com[/url] is another valuable source; a search engine that searches different internet book listing services for specific titles.

When ya absolutely, positively gotta have it, one of those two sites will generally fix you up.

EDIT: When I looked at ABEBOOKS last night on Shifty's behalf, I found about eight copies of this book available. After the info was posted, I see this evening that there only two copies! There be one, or none, or more tomorrow night.

I am myself an antiquarian dealer (rare, scarce, & just plain used books). Titles in an unusual area of specialization or interest (such as muzzleloading & its history) often go 'out of print' rapidly, and used copies can command pretty high prices.

I recall a specialty title on revolvers that was published at under $50 a few years ago. Copies, when they can be found, now go for three to five hundred bucks.

The market changes all the time, however. More copies of Hawkens may be out there and may eventually appear at prices lower than those now asked. Ya never know.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Back