• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Hatfield rifle architecture.....

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Who can account for taste! I have never seen a muzzleloader rifle made by anyone that couldn't be improved upon, whether its a 200+ year old Rupp or a 200 minute old rifle I made myself. I like the lines of the early Hatfield rifles and have thought about making my version of it many times. All the short cuts are easily avoided and could easily be built in the traditional ways with inlets and pins. Go for it Gangreen it!!!!
Robby

I have one, or a "Frontier" as they're all kind of the same. Great gun. It hits where I point it.

Sometimes people get too elitest about things. I have a cva Kentucky that I built as a kid. A great gunsmith restocked it for me and it's great. Before we have too much siren the nose lookin', it's really accurate.

Not every gun made back then was a piece of art. If you don't like something, move on. Criticizing a man's gun or not, is low. It often makes people leave the hobby. And NO, you don't HAVE to have a custom rifle. Many deer have been killed and many matches won with cva and t/c guns. Howsabout being welcoming and such.

I put together a Frontier carbine from CVA many years ago. Looks sort of like a small version of a Hawken. When I showed up to a meet with it people made fun of my gun because of it's size, that is until I took 2 events with it.

Latest posts

Back