• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Happy birthday to me

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoochiepapa

75 Cal.
Reaction score
CIMG0912.jpg

CIMG0913.jpg

CIMG0911.jpg

I just received this from Wick, bought meself a birthday present. My wife doesn't like the idea that I pick out and buy my own presents, because she can't surprise me. She wouldn't be able to anyway!
Thanks, Wick! I love it!!
But I can't figure out what the little tab thingy is for or how to use it. Do you poke a hole in your belt and feed that thru??

Happy birthday! Thats a great looking knife! Now your ready when that Griz charges you!! :thumbsup:

I think you picked yourself a great present. I bet you got just what you wanted too. Happy Birthday

Nice present, And I have been drooling over that handle ever since he posted the knife.

Wow, nice gift. 09/05 is my birthday too. Just did'nt get anything as nice as that. Thanks for showing us!

Just to clear things up, my birthday is not until the 29th. But I was afraid the knife wouldn't stick around that long. As said, my wife gets a little upset when I do this, but she would procrastinate until it was gone.
The handle is elk bone, and the little thingy with flowers engraved is sterling. What a knife!!

Man now that is a B-day present. When the thread opened it opened to the second pic and in that second I went that is one of Wick's!

That is an awesome piece but then wouldn't expect less from the maker.

Quote:
But I can't figure out what the little tab thingy is for or how to use it. Do you poke a hole in your belt and feed that thru??

I used to have pic that showed one in use I am looking for it now if I can find it I will post it. Think leather slide in girdle. That part (the girdle) mounts on the belt and the whole sheath slides into and the "tab thingy" locks it into place.
Or the alternative way I have seen them used is tucked under a sash/belt and the sheath slides behind it and the tab keeps into place.

Wick can give you better info the man is a walking encyclopedia when it comes to history! :idunno:
But the idea was that when you sit down you coulc easily remove the sheath so you could rest comfortably and place upon your table while eating or conducting business!

Remember knives were tools and as such were designed to be used in that way!

:hatsoff: Howdy,happy early B Day.Great knife.Armakiller ya don't have ta worry about this Griz a chargin him :rotf: Griz

Mike I still have not been able to locate the photo I have in my mind. However here are a couple of pics made by a knife maker named Paul Long.

He sent them too me one time in a post on another site when the "Frog discussion" was being bantered around!

Paul's type of frog on the sheath in black uses a stud instead of the the "thingy" but there is enough of a pic to get the idea across, of what a frog is and how it works. The thingy is appropriate for the time period of Wick's knife!

100_2267.jpg

100_2269.jpg

Wick can enlighten you more on his and how it looks and works. The mans attention to detail has always blown me away. His work may be imitated by others but it is uniquely his and imitation is about as close as anyone gets!

BTW I just had a B-day and I am still waiting on my gift :stir:
Tell your wife how fortunate you are too have her as, "she couldn't have made a better selection for you, than a original by Wick!

:thumbsup: He had that at the CLA show with him... Very Nice!

Back