• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunmakers Fair At Kempton

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Guys,
I will be there. I am presenting 2 seminars. One deals with the chronological or sequence of steps in gun making and the second is on making the Brown Bess musket. I am also doing a demo at the ALR site about installing barrel lugs and sights on round and octagon barrels. I look forward to meeting many of you.

dave

Just curious, are these horns usually imported or from cattle processing in the USA. Bought two long horn horns said to be Romanian.
I believe imported but they are steer horn, not water buffalo (from India or that part of the world I think). Definitely not water Buffalo though. My wife bought so many last year the seller gave us one of the bags they come in to haul them all and I believe the bag had an import tag from somewhere in South America.

I took off work Friday. My wife and I plan on getting there right at opening (9am) to beat the heat. It's gonna be a hot one, hotter than last year which was really hot also.

It was hot. Will be hot tomorrow also. Got a few small things(2 gun cases, cleaning jag, front sight) GOEX rep said powder should be hitting distributors 2nd week of April. Got a sticker and Estes rocket from them. Swiss/Schuetzen rep asked me if I was really gonna put their free patch or sticker on something or if I was just gonna put it in my junk draw....really???
Wife ended up with 168(not a typo) steer horns for her scrimshaw work. Entered 3 rifle drawings and got a fair T-shirt. My wife brought one of her scrimshaw pieces and it was so great to see the guys selling scrimshawed horns reactions. They were blow away that she does her work freehand. It was awesome to see a one of them hold out his hand to shake hers and take her info/pictures for a horn makers mark catalog he is making! Another asked her why she had never put a piece in the show for judging!

Last edited:
It was a bit toasty there yesterday. Had the pleasure of meeting Mr. Person after his seminar. Seeing some of the rifles he built in person, they are truly amazing, as were many of the others at the show. Bought a nice powder horn and a handmade strap from the lady doing weaving over in the encampment area. Might go back for a few more seminars after work this morning. Kinda nice living 10 minutes away.

Hi Guys,
I will be there. I am presenting 2 seminars. One deals with the chronological or sequence of steps in gun making and the second is on making the Brown Bess musket. I am also doing a demo at the ALR site about installing barrel lugs and sights on round and octagon barrels. I look forward to meeting many of you.

dave
I stopped in to watch you for a bit while you hacksawed then filed. Your finished firearms are amazing.

Latest posts

Back