• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gunmakers Fair At Kempton

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got there around 9:30 and hung around until about noon. Saw a few familiar faces.

I appreciated @dave_person demo this morning and your seminar yesterday morning. Glad my blue shirt was a good backstop for you.
Got a lot of odds and ends yesterday and today was mostly learning. I'm glad I'm only about a 10-15 minute ride NE from this event.

I was filming the seminars for a "Gunmakers Fair at Kempton" channel (coming soon), but here are a few pictures I was able to get late in the day.

Had a great time! Dave Person, your presentations were wonderful. I learned a lot.

Attachments

• Kempton_Social_-01.jpg
    Kempton_Social_-01.jpg
    486 KB · Views: 0
  • Kempton_Social_-02.jpg
    Kempton_Social_-02.jpg
    559.1 KB · Views: 0
  • Kempton_Social_-03.jpg
    Kempton_Social_-03.jpg
    400.7 KB · Views: 0
  • Kempton_Social_-12.jpg
    Kempton_Social_-12.jpg
    302.2 KB · Views: 0
  • Kempton_Social_-23.jpg
    Kempton_Social_-23.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 0
  • Photo Jul 29 2023, 9 38 49 AM.jpg
    Photo Jul 29 2023, 9 38 49 AM.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • Photo Jul 29 2023, 10 32 59 AM.jpg
    Photo Jul 29 2023, 10 32 59 AM.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
I was there Friday and very much enjoyed it. It was toasty but I went early so it wasn’t too bad. I‘m so new to this all I was simply trying to take everything in. Some of the lessons learned: take pictures- many of them, plan to stay most of a day, know the seminar schedule and go to every one you can, talk to the folks at the living history encampment- they are great, enjoy!

I can’t wait to go back next year.

Show report - Found some nice flints, no bargains but a fair price. Saw some friends, visited and talked. Horner's finished horns were down in numbers. I guess they sold lots before this show with the Fort Fred, Fort Loudon and Candy Carboard now Carlisle shows all before this one. Saw some very reasonable rifles, but was not really looking hard since I have a Kibler kit I am waiting to build.

I did not stop by GOEX, but that is an interesting comment, I assume you meant April 2024? No surprise, the length of time for them to come back online for retail consumers. Just wonder if they will regain their market share. Well the Schuetzen Rep comments makes me feel good, LOL. I guess my dollars will be going to the best powder for the dollar from now on. Not what I have used for over 40 years.

Went Friday morning, my feeling was that the vendors were already picked over. Too many large and small BP shows before July in Pennsylvania?

As usual, Chambers is a pleasure to talk with, and very willing to answer questions. Kris Polizzi had some nice products. Same with the Giers. Stopped by Sparks Mumma and Joe Scott and looked at their horns - great work at a great price just nothing in the style of what I was looking for. Log Cabin/Davis locks has some very reasonable flint.

Weather was HOT.

Show report - Found some nice flints, no bargains but a fair price. Saw some friends, visited and talked. Horner's finished horns were down in numbers. I guess they sold lots before this show with the Fort Fred, Fort Loudon and Candy Carboard now Carlisle shows all before this one. Saw some very reasonable rifles, but was not really looking hard since I have a Kibler kit I am waiting to build.

I did not stop by GOEX, but that is an interesting comment, I assume you meant April 2024? No surprise, the length of time for them to come back online for retail consumers. Just wonder if they will regain their market share. Well the Schuetzen Rep comments makes me feel good, LOL. I guess my dollars will be going to the best powder for the dollar from now on. Not what I have used for over 40 years.

Went Friday morning, my feeling was that the vendors were already picked over. Too many large and small BP shows before July in Pennsylvania?

As usual, Chambers is a pleasure to talk with, and very willing to answer questions. Kris Polizzi had some nice products. Same with the Giers. Stopped by Sparks Mumma and Joe Scott and looked at their horns - great work at a great price just nothing in the style of what I was looking for. Log Cabin/Davis locks has some very reasonable flint.

Weather was HOT.
Also remember these vendors don't just stay in PA.

It was neat. But I’ve been sick for a week and the cough kept me up the night before. Ugh. Mainly I was in overload and it was hard to concentrate. Got to talk to people usually only know online. But the heat was just too much in the end.

I was there with my 2 kids Saturday 9-2. Dropped a gun with Cabin Creek for some work, we sat in a couple classes (inkle looming and @bldtrailer's flint knapping) walked around a couple times. Tough with younger kids and their short attention span for looking at that kind of stuff, but lots of good conversations throughout the event.

I’m going to have to put on my traveling shoes and head north for some of these shows
Not many in the Georgia area that I know of. Closest one in north Alabama

Jim K..............I tried to make my new Phone work , but wife said she failed to charge it when I went out the door for Kempton , that AM. Obviously a stupid equipment failure , my fault. Sorry I couldn't reach you. I can give you an e-mail address , so we can converse. I did have a light blue striped shirt on , probably one with coffee , and food stains on it as well...........oldwood

Jim K..............I tried to make my new Phone work , but wife said she failed to charge it when I went out the door for Kempton , that AM. Obviously a stupid equipment failure , my fault. Sorry I couldn't reach you. I can give you an e-mail address , so we can converse. I did have a light blue striped shirt on , probably one with coffee , and food stains on it as well...........oldwood
I did try to call you a couple times. Sorry it didn’t work out.

Latest posts

Back