• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Griswold and Gunnison clone

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
New to me Replica Arms Ridgefield NJ Griswold and Gunnison clone. I bought this on gunbroker on a whim, as I’ve always wanted a Griswold clone and it’s pretty hard finding any new ones in stock at the usual retailers
4EC82CB5-2012-4E31-86D5-5280B35D4E35.jpeg

After looking at the loading plunger it’s a Pietta made gun. The plunger is machined for round ball.

Right out of the box, the gun would not cycle. It was all bound up. Turned out it has a short arbor and had to be shimmed.

This will probably be the first cap and ball Revolver I will send to Goons Gun Works.

Last edited:
I would stay away from conicals in a Brasser anyway. I've fired a few through a pair of .36 brassers but I kept the loads light

I'd recommend first completely taking it down, to all the parts and hitting everything with action blaster . It may just be full of junk or dried grease .

I would stay away from conicals in a Brasser anyway. I've fired a few through a pair of .36 brassers but I kept the loads light

I'd recommend first completely taking it down, to all the parts and hitting everything with action blaster . It may just be full of junk or dried grease .

Nah, I’m replacing the plunger with Uberti one and will modify the loading area for conical bullets if needed. Like you stated, light loads only.

I did take it apart. It was surprisingly clean. It is definitely not NIB, but lightly used. That’s when I discovered it had a short arbor. The action is still terrible though.

I recently helped a buddy take down and clean a Older Uberti 1860 Army that was given to him. Someone fired it and let sit for a long while. Spent caps in action, fouling everywhere. I was surprised the nipples came off as easily as they did.

I have too many gun projects already. This one will be going to Goons to get worked on.

Back