• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

James Stella

40 Cal.
Reaction score
A few months ago I told my wife I wanted to get into traditional muzzleloader hunting. She asked what that was and if I had a traditional muzzleloader. I told her nope but that I was going to take it slow. I told her I put in for a couple of controled hunts but that it would take me years to get drawn. Three months later I was notified by California Fish and Game that I got draw for a Tule Elk Bull Muzzleloader tag. OOPS.

So I have spent the last two months getting ready. I bought a Lyman GPH rifle in .54 caliber. Worked up a load using Hornady Great Plains Hunters. Got a possibles bag and powder horn and practiced as much as I could.

I found this web site while doing reaserch on Traditional Muzzleloading. It looked like a good place to interact with people who also enjoy my new found interest.

I leave on Friday Sept. 7th for the hunt. Should be fun.

:hatsoff:Howdy,good ta have ya here.good luck on your hunt.Let us know how ya make out.Griz

LOL I am not sure she totally believed I did not think I was going to be drawn. But, sure as long as we keep it between us on the forum.

Jay,
First off welcome to the MLF,great first
step if just getting started in a great
addiction.Hope you will visit and contribute
when you can.
I am snake-eyes :hatsoff:

Jay54,
Welcome and congrats on drawing a tag.
I'm in Groveland, where in CA are you?

Mike C.

21:40 / 9 sep 12

welcome, jay54,