• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Southern California

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hello and greetings from the state where you have to jump through hoops to buy .22 LR, but you can still get a large bore muzzleloader shipped to your front door (shhh....don't tell any CA lawmakers).

I'm not new to firearms, but new to muzzleloading. I recently finished a graduate degree, and I now have time for some new pastimes. Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated by blackpowder firearms and their history, so I decided to dive into muzzleloading.

I recently purchased a Lyman Great Plains .54 flintlock and most of the necessary accoutrements from Track of the Wolf. It arrives in the next couple days!

Looking forward to exploring this great resource.

Sincerely,
zneufeld

Welcome from a former So Cal resident (long ago, in another life!) now in Central Oregon.

Glad to see new newbees to the world of muzzleloading! It restores my faith the sport/hobby is not dying!

Hello and greetings from the state where you have to jump through hoops to buy .22 LR, but you can still get a large bore muzzleloader shipped to your front door (shhh....don't tell any CA lawmakers).

I'm not new to firearms, but new to muzzleloading. I recently finished a graduate degree, and I now have time for some new pastimes. Ever since I was a kid I've been fascinated by blackpowder firearms and their history, so I decided to dive into muzzleloading.

I recently purchased a Lyman Great Plains .54 flintlock and most of the necessary accoutrements from Track of the Wolf. It arrives in the next couple days!

Looking forward to exploring this great resource.

Sincerely,
zneufeld
Welcome! Lots of free advice here, most is pretty good too!
If you’re anywhere near Piru, look up Burbank Muzzleloaders, we have the nicest range for miles around!

Congratulations on your continued education, which will be augmented in a most positive and tangible way by immersion in the wonderful hobby of muzzleloading. I wish you years of happiness and comradeship in your newfound historical sport. George.

Welcome! Lots of free advice here, most is pretty good too!
If you’re anywhere near Piru, look up Burbank Muzzleloaders, we have the nicest range for miles around!

I'm in the San Fernando Valley, and Piru is the first place I plan on making some smoke. I was thinking about signing up for the muzzleloaders intro class. I've heard great things about the range!

About the only reason I'd even visit CA would be to buy a rust-free antique car, you have my sympathies.

Muzzleloading is a lot of fun due to the inherent challenge of using the designs well.

Back