• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings From Kansas

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

claykan

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Just received a used Traditions 50 caliber Hawken as a gift. Gun & ram rod only, no manual or any accessories.

I have no previous blackpowder experience, other than holding someone's gun at a rendezvous and saying "Nice gun."

Since I like all of my appendages without holes in them I thought it best if I do some research on muzzleloaders before putting it to use, which is how I ran across this forum and have already found lots of good information here.

I have downloaded a manual from the Traditions site and used the ram rod to insure the gun is not loaded. Other than that I am waiting on an order of patches, lube, jag, solvent, etc. to arrive so I can give it a good cleaning, hot water first, before heading to the range.

Hopefully I will meet some of you on down the road.

Welcome from mesa Az, hope you enjoy you M/L,
shoot safe :thumbsup: . Boomm.

Welcome Fred, good to see you have the good sense to ask questions FIRST! I'm sure you will enjoy your new-to-you rifle once you have the how-to figured out. Give us a shout with any questions.

Welcome to the forum, I'm from Kansas also, but now hail from West TX. There are several good ML clubs in the Sunflower State.
Holler if you need something.
Jon D

Welcome to the MLF Kusa! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks on the site for help 24/7. Beware, once the BP bugs bite you you can not quit and can not stop at just one. :grin:

Back