• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings from Central Cantuckee

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tgmoore

32 Cal.
Reaction score
New to black powder and muzzle loaders but certainly not new to shooting. This is a marked change of pace for me since the other shooting sports I participate in are a bit faster paced (3-gun and IDPA). I am particularly interested target shooting and hunting with the American long rifles. To quote Col. Townsend Whelen "only accurate rifles are interesting".

The living history aspect is also of interest to me. But from previous Medieval re-enacting experience I know how expensive it can be to collect the material trappings of a hand made culture. So I guess I will stick to the shooting part for now. I practically live on the doorstep of Fort Boonesborough my adopted state is rich with frontier history.

I look forward to meeting you all.

Regards,

T.G. Moore

tgmoore said:
... This is a marked change of pace for me since the other shooting sports I participate in are a bit faster paced ...

Yup, th' pace is definately slower. Part of the enjoyment. I also smile a lot when the guy next to me burns up more than I spend in a good month through his semi-auto whatever in just the time it takes me to reload.

I too am mostly just into the shooting, but am upgrading my kit to be a bit closer to "correct". The folks here are pretty good at helping, aaaaannnd they sort of tend to push you a bit towards the traditional too- which ain't all bad as it does increase the enjoyment a bit.

Any way, welcome. Sounds like you already have a head start on th' game any way. Good to have you.

Dan

Welcome aboard!
As was mentioned, you can spend an after noon shooting as many shots as the guy with the AR can dispose of in 10 minutes; yet you will find the enjoyment and pace relaxing and intriguing. You just might find yourself becoming a better marksman, as well.

Welcome to the forum; good to meet you. You don't need a lot of "stuff" to get started....shirt, trousers, and a diamond fly will do 'til you can accumulate/make more items. Folks will most likely be glad to help you out.

Welcome to the MLF T.G.! There are lots of friendly knowlegable folks here in camp with a lifetime of experience to share with us all. Don't take much to get started in the re-enacting and folks on the forum in your neck of the woods can sure help you along.

Welcome. You'll find a wealth of knowledgeable folks here to help you down the right trail. Just go slow and ask Q's. Get with a local shooting club and visit with them. As you get deeper into this hobby you find its like a spa treatment.
So have a seat, fill yer tin cup as the coffees jest finished boiling.

welcome from the piney woods. im sure you will enjoy your stay. lots of great info and experience here! :hatsoff: dont be afraid to ask!

Hello TG. Glad to see another frontloader from the Dark and Bloody Ground join in.You'll love it here.

Back