• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greetings all

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malcolmf

Pilgrim
Reaction score
Greetings all,
I am returning to muzzle loading after a hiatus of a couple decades. My Fish & Game club has a new blackpowder chairman who has managed to wake up the old interests.
My first muzzle loader was a Numrich Arms Hopkins & Allan .36 cal under hammer, purchased in West Hurley, NY, in 1964. My wife & I were camping and that evening I melted lead in a tin can over campfire coals, cast bullets in the cheap mold that came with the gun, snipping off the sprues with the wire cutter on a pair of electrician pliers.
The H&A was followed a couple of years later with an 1861 Springfield, with a re-barrel by W M Large, bought for $75.
Still have the same wife & both guns, though the H&A has undergone a lot of changes.
Other guns followed, flint & percussion, but I pretty much stuck with either .45 or .58, because early in the morning, I can usually tell the difference between .45 &.58 round balls.
Just a few months ago I traded a TC Big Boar .58 for a Traditions Crockett .32. My theory is that at my age, while I might not be able drag out a deer, I can likely drag out a squirrel. And I can tell .32’s from .45 & .58.

Welcome to our forum my friend! We are truly honored that you've decided to join our ranks.

Let me take this opportunity to tell you some of the nice to know stuff that this forum has to offer.

This forum is the very best by far when it comes to Traditional Muzzleloader's and BP shooting. All the other aspects that go along with it are covered as well!

No matter what you're currently shooting or may be interested in, it is more than likely covered in great detail right here.

You'll find like minded folks as yourself here on our forum. The majority of our member's have decade's of knowledge and experience. They would be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have. We would also love to hear what you might want to add or share with us as well!

We also have a Search feature which is located at the top of the forums page's. It's a great tool to utilize for research or for looking up something specific. You can also adjust the date range's at the bottom of the forums page's. By doing this you'll be able to view additional topic's on this forum.

Unlike other forum's, Our forum is a lively place with new topic's being created on a daily basis. There will be something new for you to checkout all the time!

The learning opportunities are truly endless! I can guarantee that you'll learn something new each and every time you visit this forum.

Lastly and most importantly, Our forum is a friendly place! You'll have the opportunity to make lifelong friend's who share the same love and passion for everything that Traditional Muzzleloading and BP shooting has to offer!

Again, We are glad that you've decided to join us and we also look forward to hearing more from you in the very near future.

Welcome Aboard my friend!

Respectfully, Cowboy :hatsoff:

Back