• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Greed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ones I hate are the ones that demand that you email them pictures of this angle or closeups that part, you go to the trouble of taking the pictures, resizing them and emailing them to the prospective "buyer" and you never hear another word out of them,

I heard the description "Picture Collectors" from another forum member used to describe those folks. I think that covers them.

Thanks
O.R.

On another forum i had a guy repeatedly ask the same questions over and over, even after providing photos as well as documentation . I didn't feel right about the sale so I informed him that I would not sell to him. he seemed like he would be one of those guys who would have buyers remorse and bad mouth me On line. Well lo and behold, the next day in all caps he did , he said I was unscrupulous and dishonest Becaues I refused to sell him my rifle. The moderators did delete his posts right away. Later on I found out he was 18 years old. I pretty much stay away from there now.
Mitch
hope I didn’t go too far off topic

It is very unsettling, on how many send you a PM and say "I'll take it", then you place the item on hold,
waiting for weeks sometimes over a month and still don't get payment.
I would rather have a buyer ask me to hold it until their next pay day, even if it's a week or two,
or the next job to be finished and waiting to get that paycheck.
A man's word is just as good as a hand shake in my opinion. That's honorable.

I have been burned a few times by people wanting to buy. Not here but saying all I have to do is get to the bank and I'll be right back. Never show and don't even let me know. How courteous is that? It's first come first serve ( I'll take it) when it comes to selling.

I too believe that the first "I will take It" should get the product, then go to PM to settle the deal. It's not rude, it's good business.
I agree. A bird in the hand (cash in the hand) is worth more than two in the bush (all tire kickers).

I work part-time in a gun store. We have people put guns on Lay-A-Way often. Some make a minimal down payment and then we never see them again. The gun(s) are tied up and opportunities to sell them are lost. After 3 months or so they forfeit their down payment and the gun(s) are returned to the sales floor.

No one likes to be cut in front of. Courtesy counts. That said, in this format it is like an
Auction. When you decide you want it JUMP--be careful it is not a scam. Be willing to
ID yourself and verify age. We have set out lists of things to verify the seller is safe
in many threads here recently.

No one likes to be cut in front of. Courtesy counts. That said, in this format it is like an
Auction. When you decide you want it JUMP--be careful it is not a scam. Be willing to
ID yourself and verify age. We have set out lists of things to verify the seller is safe
in many threads here recently.

So, be cautious and JUMP on it? Caution takes time. In the meantime, someone not as cautious jumps in and gets it before your questions are answered. That doesn't seem right.
In Fencing, when you extend your foil, you have the right-of-way. I forget what they call it. The other guy can't score until he knocks your blade off target. If you're in communication with the seller, that should constitute the right-of-way. If someone wants to jump in, maybe he could claim 2nd in line? It works on other forums.

I've seen all of the previous posts, and disagree with most of them, but there's no need to repeat them. This is how I see it, and no one was representing that point of view. Courtesy counts. (Where did I just see that?)
Time to go get ready for a trip to eat turkey. 🦃 I hope y'all have a good Thanksgiving.
I'll read your disagreements tomorrow, with my turkey sandwich. 🥪

@Brazos John I tend to agree with you, but will respect the wishes of any seller to decide how they will operate. If willing to pause for the first questioner, that's his call. If he jumps to the first "I'll Take It" over other interested parties, that is also the seller's call.
An irony here is I've read countless negative posts about our "instant gratification culture" on many various threads but that's also what seems to be promoted in many posts here.

When I sell something on line and get a flurry of "I'll take its" I go by the time and date to make a list. I tell guy # 2 that he is next on the list if guy #1 backs out and so forth. I have never had to go to guy #2 but I usually sell stuff at a giveaway price just to get rid of it, not guns, just accumulated junk.

Bull!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Only the seller says who gets it.

Start that manure I am for closing the for sale section or putting in a 10% to the forum for having the sale section.

Bunch of whining losers complaining.
I understand what your saying, BUT, would you rather a whole bunch of potential buyers showing interest.. and seller deciding on who gets the item?? Simply saying “ I’ll take it” would certainly clear up any confusion at that point. The seller still has all control. Also… I’ve never had a sale or purchase fall through.. so I’m hardly a whiner or a loser. Thank you so much for your post…

Last edited:
On the old Yellow airgun forum the rule was when you posted "I'll take it!", brother you better had, else you would find yourself sat out for a month, reasonable excuses accepted.

What has surprised me is not so much any line jumping but the kibitzing and copious commentary I see in the classifieds here. Some almost turn into full blown discussions including anecdotes. A recent For Sale generated a lot of interest in the seller. Was he a scammer? Show us proof! It was like the guy was on trial. Stuff you don't see on other forums and which I don't recall seeing here in the past. Usually classifieds are strictly doing business. Just saying.

Every forum has its own flake rate.

That is the number of tire kickers, and window lickers you have to wade through to get something sold.

The first "I'll take it" trumps all.

Latest posts

Back