• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Great Plains Rifle with 57GRP Peep

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CKeshen

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I've been shooting mostly BP pistols lately and decided to give a rifle a try.

Just ordered a Lyman GPR .50 and am interested in putting the Lyman 57GRP peep sight on.

Just curious if you must remove the existing factory rear sight to use the peep or can it remain in place?

I have just recently added a peep sight to my GPR but have not yet taken it to the range. I appears that the top portion of the rear sight can be removed separately from the base which I believe will be necessary. I intend to leave the rear sight intact until I get the peep sight somewhat aligned then remove the top portion only.
Stan

if ya use a globe front sight with changeable inserts ya should be able to leave the rear barrel sight in place.

I was thinking about using the existing front sight blade and see how I like it with the peep sight.

I have a CZ Ultralux .22 with a Williams peep sight that I shoot with the existing front sight and I seem to do well with that setup.

I realize this setup will be (look) a little different, but want to see if it will work.

Why would using the globe sight make a difference? You would think the center of the globe would be the same height as the factory front blade.

the globe sights come in several different heights so you could get one a bit higher to get above the current sight-line.

Back