• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gpr trigger adjusting screw

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

renoman

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ive tried searching this because I know Ive seen it on here but no luck.
Id like to lighten up the front trigger a bit on my great plains rifle but i need a little longer screw.
Does anyone know the thread size offhand?
thanx

The external adjustment screw on set triggers does not lighten the trigger pull. It just takes any creep out by reducing the engagement with the rear trigger.

To lighten the trigger you have to reduce the pressure of the rear trigger. I'm not sure if a GPR uses coil springs in the trigger or not but those triggers using a flat mainspring can be adjusted by tightening or loosening the screw that holds the spring on the trigger plate.

They have a flat mainspring. There is a very fine line between lightening the trigger and making it inoperable. I have found all of my GPR triggers are very hard to lighten by adjusting the screw.

HD

OK,I didnt relize that,since theres no creep in the trigger now,I'll just leave well enough alone.
thanx,Keith

Just a thought here but may be you could drill and tap with a fine thread tab behind the rear trigger and install a small screw. Now tighten it (screw it in) a tiny bit at a time to take some pressure off the flat main spring it may do what your looking for. I have seen this done on a few guns but have never had on or did it my self so speak only from reading and seeing not using.

If you get frustrated with the stock GPR trigger, I can highly recommend installing one of the Davis Deerslayer triggers. It takes just a little bit of work, but the difference is night and day.

Back