• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GPR to Lyman Trade barrel swap

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverfox

50 Cal.
Reaction score
Haven't done anything like this yet. If someone has what problems will I run into. I know the lugs will have to be moved. Will that be all except the under rib adjusted. Not trying to build a silk purse out of a hogs ear just wondering if it would be worth doing or to just get a new tradegun barrel.
Original barrel is bad did all the polishing and stuff and it burns patches and will only group about 6" at 25yds so different barrel is in the works eitherway.
Is this worth the doing.
Fox :hatsoff:

How about spending only $95 and getting a brand new Lyman Trade Rifle barrel from Midsouth? Seems lots cheaper and easier.

Or if I'm reading your post backwards, spend a little more for a new GPR barrel while still saving buxx and hassles.

Fox

I have a GPR in .54 cal. accuracy is not great, Ok, but not great.

Had a custom barrel fitted to the stock in .40 cal. great accuracy, cheap way to get a custom gun accuracy.

IMO you dont get a great barrel from any of those guns.

snapper

I have been looking at that but if I end up with a GPR barrel cheap enough just thought it might be worth the try.
Thanks Fox :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back