• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got some Swiss today

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Wittkopf

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Ordered some Swiss 2ff from Powder Inc. got it today. Too bad a guy has to buy 5lbs. and pay that hazmat freight. The only powder i can buy around here is Schutzen[which they are out of 2ff] at $22.00 a can, i fiqured at that price i my as well spend a ouple more bucks a can and order Swiss, i have heard its the best powder. Good move or not?

I have some Swiss FFg & FFFg coming from Powder Inc also along with lots of Goex and some Goex Pinnacle. I have not gotten it yet which is kind of strange because they are always very fast for getting out the orders...

Good luck with your powder.

Has anybody tried the Goex Skirmish powder in a rifle? If so, what did you think of it? What cal. rifle did you use it in? Caplock or flintlock? I was wondering for the price difference if it might be worth trying some if it will work ok in a flintlock. It is available in 3f and says it will work in rifles and is only $7.50 a lb if you order 10 lbs.

I prefer the Swiss 3F over every other BP including Goex.

I've yet to find a BP that shoots, cleans and is as accurate as Swiss.

Goex is my second choice.

Elephant Powder is lame, I shot one pound of that gave three pounds away. Filthy and the power and accuracy is terrible.

:imo:

My results with Swiss exactly. I've been using ffg in my .58's and .62, and even in my Remington Navy, getting 1.5" groups with that at 20 yards. However when I get some more I'll get a pound or two of fffg for the pistols.

I like Goex too and shot that for many years, preferred it over Pyrodex. But as far as I can tell Swiss is superior to all other powders.

I tried 777 for a short while and found accuracy to be very poor, in my rifles and pistols. Indications of LARGE velocity variations too. Now it will be BP only, preferably Swiss but no problem using Goex.

Rat

Back