• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Got my GPR today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PreglerD

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Hello everybody, today I got my .45 GPR as a late chrismas gift. Looks very well. Nice oil stocking. Trigger and hammer are working good, nothing to correct I think. Tommorrow I will test it on my hunting ground with PRB and Maxiball.

Cool! :thumbsup: You're gonna love it!

You might have to file the front sight some. Both of mine shot low.

Be sure and scrub all the factory goop out before you shoot it. And let us know how it does.

That .45 should be perfect for those roes. :thumbsup:

I have taken the parts out of the box, checked them, rempved the oil from in and outside the barrel and then put it together. Very nice. Very good handling. I love it already from the beginning. Together with it I got the changing barrel in .54 for my Investarm Hawken.

It's a nice feeling to have a new toy to try out. Tell us how she shoots!

-SCHOOEY!

If your GPR is like mine when I had it new, you need to go and clean the inside of the barrel again, especially the inside of the breech, which has a smaller diameter than the barrel. A .30 brush or a thin slotted tip with a cleaning patch can reach down there.

If you find any of that packing grease on your patches, go and clean it again. If you fire a black powder load with some of that grease still in there, your cleaning job will get MUCH harder. Don't ask how I found out...

Steve

Wonderful gun! If it's like mine, I think you'll find it shoots every bit as good as your Investarms does. I love them both. Good luck and congrats!

Hello,

went out into my hunting ground with the new GPR for making some shots. Did it at a distance of 40 m with .445 PRB and 240 grs Maxiballs. Charge was 75 grs PPP WANO. The hits were a bit low, about 15 cm, but were all in a 2 inch circle. For the first test and freehanded it is a good start I think. What I'm very confident about is that it works with Maxiballs, too. Because if it would not I couldn't take it for the roes. It is again the GE law with its minimum energy of 1000 J at 100 meters. Thats only possible with maxiballs.

So a very fine and good shooting rifle. I love it and hope to get a roe or even some small game befor season ends in GE.

Back