• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

got er done

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim m

32 Cal.
Reaction score
shot the new 20ga today. she definately likes 2f better. best load was 70grns 2f,4 thin overshot cards,1oz shot and 1 overshot card. think I'm gona like this smoothbore stuff :winking:

Tried my new one out yesterday. Shot good with 80 gr of Goex 2f 4 thin overshot cards, and index card paper shot cup, 1 3/8 oz of #5 lead shot, and an overshot card. Also did real well with rd balls. They are a lot of fun aren't they? :grin:

fun is right! haven't tried round ball yet but will. right now all my round ball fixins is for a .54. did notice on my smoothbore I had to have quite a bit of the barrel showing in the sight picture to get the shot up on the target but once I got that right had 11 pellets in the kill area on a turkey target at 25yds. that was 4 pellets in the brain and 7 in the spine and to me that spells dead bird

Sounds good. You know, you can shoot .530 rd balls out of that smoothie with a thick patch. I tried them in my old one and they worked ok. What i am shooting in my new one will be .575's with a denim patch. You can get a Lee .575 mould from Track or Midsouth for around $14 + S&H. A .595 works good in most .20 ga smoothies, but the only place i could find a mould that size is Jeff Tanner in England. But he will sell you one shipped to you for $35 but you will need a set of handles and they don't have a sprue cutter.

REBEL YOU CAN GET A 595 RB FROM CENTER MARK I WAS JUST AT KALAMAZOO AND HE WAS SELLING THEM FOR AROUND $30

NO but my buddy bought a gun from him and got his e-mail and phone I get it and pm you with it

if you are looking to permanantly raise your sight pictiure, get a 1/4 inch leather lace on cheek pad from cabelas. it looks nice, qnjd then youcan trust your stock weld and not worry anout the the barrel at all. get your stock weld, cover with bead, let 'er rip. worked great on my 12 that shot low.

a lot of people complain that the lace ons slip forward on the stock, and they will, but you can solve it easy by running a length of rawhide from the pad back around the buttstock. no more slip. looks nice, and you don't feel it.

Back