• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Good morning everyone!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome from a former fellow Lancaster Countian. Years ago I worked with a guy from Conestoga, Harold "Scotty" Scott. What a character. Sometimes we'd take our Friday lunch break out at Park City to look at the "scenery". He panned for gold in the Conestoga Creek, and found some! A real character. I remember when gasoline got all the way up to 50 cents/gallon. He'd say, "You just watch, they won't stop until they get to a dollar a gallon".

Welcome from Michigan. The best hunt I ever had in over 50 years was the Wild Turkey I took with my 20 Ga. French Fusil C I built from a "kit". What a thrill. See avatar.

Welcome from the Catskills in NY.
I have a 54 flintlock styled after the Lancaster rifle. I also visit Lancaster PA to attend Sight & Sound productions. Are there any Lancaster rifle exhibits in Lancaster PA?

Fillwa, the best is Landis Valley Farm Museum (Landis Valley Museum).
Here is an article about the Lancaster rifle and some background on the display. They have a working gun shop and have many excellent rifles on display. (THE LANCASTER LONG RIFLE | Antiques & Auction News).

Everything is shut down now because of Covid, but there are many other small museums and resources around the county. Our county historical society (Home - LancasterHistory) is a great place to start. A shameless plug for our own local historical society, The Conestoga Area Historical Society,
(Conestoga Area Historical Society |) has many excellent displays, three very well preserved Conestoga wagons and a large display of local Native American artifacts. (I am on the board and coordinate the museum volunteers.)

Hopefully at some point this year we can open up and you can visit Lancaster again.

Here is an article about the Lancaster rifle and some background on the display. They have a working gun shop and have many excellent rifles on display. (THE LANCASTER LONG RIFLE | Antiques & Auction News).

Everything is shut down now because of Covid, but there are many other small museums and resources around the county. Our county historical society (Home - LancasterHistory) is a great place to start. A shameless plug for our own local historical society, The Conestoga Area Historical Society,
(Conestoga Area Historical Society |) has many excellent displays, three very well preserved Conestoga wagons and a large display of local Native American artifacts. (I am on the board and coordinate the museum volunteers.)

Hopefully at some point this year we can open up and you can visit Lancaster again.
Excellent and Thanks Peregrine.
We’re hoping to be able to visit Lancaster at the end of April ‘21 if Sight & Sound is open. I have copied your information.

Filwa......If you visited the Sight and Sound theater ,you could easily visit Dixon's m/l Shop near Kempton , Pa.. Maybe 45 min.. from there. They have some originals on display , plus a ton of everything m/loading. Good folks , too..

[/QUOTE Hi. I am just south of you in Martic township. Haven't been over to the Wagon or the Historical Society since covid fired up, but look forward to doing so. Kudos to Tom Grassel for being such a sparkplug for the society and the restaurant. Hope he is well.

Back