• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

Late season morning

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
After the big freeze and storms of the last few days this morning dawned cold, clear and still. 17* when I headed out the door just as I could see to go up the mountain without a light. I bought a TC Hawken from a member here last week and have been shooting it over the last couple of days.

temps started warming up with the sun
A9058B75-D1A9-4CC6-B15D-A351A7C6D0D3.jpeg

A big doe traveling with the past spring’ fawns caught my wind and wasn’t happy. She snorted and looked at the fawns and they kept browsing. She would run a few feet and snort but the fawns didn’t pay her any attention. This went on several minutes before they moved up the ridge. I’m out of buck tags but want a doe for jerky.

I ended the morning at Pawpaw’s rock. He sit on it so many times over the years and when he passed my dad took it over. I decided a picture of the Hawken on it would be good
F900B723-FDAC-47E1-BB1C-F05A11496514.jpeg

I‘m looking for an old dry doe and doesn’t matter if I don’t get one. Being out in God’s creation is plenty good enough.

Last edited:
Back