• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Gonne number two

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PitchyPine

69 Cal.
Reaction score
Made another this morning, all one piece and i`m not going to put a serpentine on it or pin the handle. :thumbsup:

2ndgonne1.jpg

2ndgonne4.jpg

2ndgonne3.jpg

2ndgonne2.jpg

cool... did u turn the taper freehand or with an attachment on ur lathe?
looks great, what caliber?

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :hatsoff:

:shocked2: :bow: :shocked2: :bow: :hatsoff:

By the way, the match holder is called a linstock. :thumbsup:

What is the recipe for a powder channel?

Are you just going straight bore back, or running a smaller diameter powder "bore"?

Any kind of constant if you run a powder chamber, like 1/2 bore diameter by X and X etc.?

I have a big lathe and a ton of steel, and you have me motivated now!

I have been making ML Barrels for a few years now, but have yet to turn a Gonne.

Looking good Lenn!! How did you make the bore smooth? Seems I can never drill or bore without having roughness. Emery

Linstock, hmmmm weird word. :hmm:

Erzulis boat, I just drill the boar 1/2 inch right to the bottom and leave at least a inch behind it for strength. Smooth bore of course.
I put a taper in the end of the bore for easier ball starting.

mazo kid said:
Looking good Lenn!! How did you make the bore smooth? Seems I can never drill or bore without having roughness. Emery

Been just drilling, for some reason this new ten inch bit leaves a pretty smooth bore. I wish i had a 1/2 inch ream, will get one if i make many more.
Thanks buddy.

Looks good Lenn! I see what you mean now from our conversation last nite! Seems like if you had too, you could lap the bore to smooth it out, if you do not have a reamer, I dunno I'm no machinist! :hmm: :grin: Get busy and fire that thing up!

Ok so give us some diminsions .. calber, length, rearhole size, etc.

Would be neat to see you fire it in all that white snow up there! :shocked2:

Davy

Thanks Davy, have to get a handle Friday first before firing it.
Bore is pretty smooth and is 50 cal. and five inch. deep.
Vent is 3/32 and pan 3/8ths
Hole for handle is one inch and overall length is nine inches.
Will post some fire ASAP.

Pitchy:

I guess you have Gonne off the deep end this time! :rotf:

Welcome to the wild and wolly world of the Handgonne! Over here, we are all gonners! (pun intended)

Slowmatch Forever!
Teleoceras

Funny it took so long to make one, done gonne off the deep end long ago. :rotf:
Thanks bro. :thumbsup:

Pitchy

I'm working on it. My father is a part time gunsmith and has all kinds of stuff and tomorrow I'm cashing in :rotf: I'm hoping to have it completed in a few weeks. Got my tiller and barrel, just gotta do some work before I mount it.

Willisburg

PitchyPine said:
Thanks Davy, have to get a handle Friday first before firing it.
Bore is pretty smooth and is 50 cal. and five inch. deep.
Vent is 3/32 and pan 3/8ths
Hole for handle is one inch and overall length is nine inches.
Will post some fire ASAP.

Gosh Pitchy ... a "real HE man" would just use his hand! :hmm: :shocked2: :bull: :rotf:

Davy

A real man would use something else. :blah: :rotf:

Got a handle on it and some pics of a diamond willow i`ve been working on.

gonne2handlebest.jpg

diamondwillow1.jpg

Dwillow2.jpg

Dwillow3.jpg

PitchyPine

You are exceptional.
I do like seeing the things that you can make.
You are inspiring and motivating to me.

I may need to try to make one yet.

Have a Merry Christmas
Tinker2

Back