• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Golf Ball Morter

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
I must have this.
walsh1.gif

I cannot afford this, but I must have this.

This is a historically accurate reproduction of the 1848 Coehorn Mortar. The barrel is mounted on an authentic sled carriage with a adjustable elevating screw. The sled is made using select oak and is oil finished. The barrel is ductile cast iron (60,000 psi yield) bored with a sub caliber powder chamber. The barrels are machined on the outside and polished to a high luster. All hardware is hot blued (no paint). Each cannon is hand crafted.

Barrel diameter at muzzle = 4.5 inches
Bore diameter = 1.75 inches
(Yes, golf ball size! Will shoot a golf ball 1000 yards)
Barrel weight = 35 lbs. Total weight = 43 lbs.
Black powder charge = 400 grains ffg

Option: Percussion lock (see close up of photo 3).
Easy, safe firing by pulling on string lanyard!
Uses readily available percussion caps.

Pictures show a 12 inch steel ruler and golf ball for size comparison.

The new version of this mortar will appear here soon. It will be made from cast bronze (gun metal)

Bronze version $ 1,050.00

The cast iron version won't be available until further notice

Wife will disown me, but I must have this.

And with an optional lanyard #11 cap firing rig!
walsh2.gif

CLAUDE! BUY ME THIS!

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: :shocking:....rut row..........i think i just peed my shorts..... ::...............................bob

Come December, I'll be making a list and checking it twice.

CGM_Avatar.jpg

Ummm. Does the whole year count or just starting now?

Maybe it would be better to work with the Great Pumpkin.

UPI - Dateline Agusta. Tiger Woods is listed in satisfactory condition after an apparant meteor slammed into the green he was putting out on. Several spectators report a mysterious sailboat hoisting sails rapidly and departing the waters about 1,000 yards from the oceanside green just moments after the smoking crater appeared.

UPI - Dateline Agusta. Tiger Woods is listed in satisfactory condition after an apparant meteor slammed into the green he was putting out on. Several spectators report a mysterious sailboat hoisting sails rapidly and departing the waters about 1,000 yards from the oceanside green just moments after the smoking crater appeared.

And they told me golf was boring... :haha:

Hey Dread: Ever see those fellows with the bowling ball mortars back when they had the cannon shoots at the Jedediah Smith Rendezvous? The wind whistling in the finger holes on those bowling balls always sounded to me like the screams one might hear near the mouth of Hell. ...

Latest posts

Back