• This community needs YOUR help today. We rely 100% on Supporting Memberships to fund our efforts. With the ever increasing fees of everything, we need help. We need more Supporting Members, today. Please invest back into this community. I will ship a few decals too in addition to all the account perks you get.

• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

GOEX Needed

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tx50cal

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Ok guy's I saw a post here a little while back about buying bulk powder. I called Coonies in NM and they can only ship in 25 lb lots.I don't need that much powder. Does anyone know where I can buy 5 lb lots. I know that I will have to pay the haz-mat charge for 1lb or 50 lbs. I just don't want to or need 25 lbs at a time. Thanks for the help.

Try Powder, Inc. They ship in 5, 10, or 25 pound lots. Just
type powder inc into your browser window and you should get there.

doin a little math and found out that when you add shiping and hazmat fees you will be paying 16.95 to 18.95 per pound.
i pay 16.95 per pound at my supplyer so i dont see any savings :imo: as long as don keeps carrying it .i hope the bass pro shop being built here will carry it also just to have a backup. that is only my situation :results:

Ok guy's I saw a post here a little while back about buying bulk powder. I called Coonies in NM and they can only ship in 25 lb lots.I don't need that much powder. Does anyone know where I can buy 5 lb lots. I know that I will have to pay the haz-mat charge for 1lb or 50 lbs. I just don't want to or need 25 lbs at a time. Thanks for the help.

I struggled with that when I first started with flintlocks but went with a case delivered for $9/lb...have always been glad I did for a couple reasons...at that less expensive price I shoot a lot more than I probably would if it was $18/Lb...and with all the unkowns about any potential future restrictions, I'd rather have more than less.

In fact I've since ordered more just to have put back...can always resell it locally if I tire of flintlocks and have any leftover.

An alternative is be to locate someone within reasonable distance from where you live and split a case...would be a win-win for both of you.

re:

????tire of the flintlocks???? :shake: :nono:

how could this be possible??

rayb

I agree with roundball...I usually ask around the club as to who wants in on a 25lb shipment...usually 3 of us will split it...last batch, with shipping, came out to about $9 and change per can....I've had no trouble getting the case mixed, 2, 3 and 4F...Hank

i only live 20 miles from J & J Pyro in moscow
PA and can buy goex cheap and no hazmat and shipping charges....life is good here................bob

PA and can buy goex cheap and no hazmat and shipping charges....life is good here................bob

Well "I" only live 20 miles from the actual Goex plant :blah:

But you can't buy direct from them...BassPro is the only place in town that carries it, and they charge $15 / lb. :boohoo:

Well now that don't seem hardly fair. :: You should get a license to sell so you can sell and ship to the rest of us poor folks. :thumbsup:

So you're one of the lucky ones whose night skies occasionally light up as the day when Goex loses another outbuilding, huh?? Must be some show! :crackup:

So you're one of the lucky ones whose night skies occasionally light up as the day when Goex loses another outbuilding, huh?? Must be some show! :crackup:

Yep... Women and children run in terror :eek:

The Goex plant is actually located on an old army ammo plant that's been there since WWII; the ammo plant is a huge property. There are now multiple companies that operate off of this property. Since it was originally an "ammo plant" buildings are very spread out; It's more like a small town rather than an industrial park. So a company will come in and build their building, or use and an existing structure and can be far removed from other companies- a perfect place for Goex.

Not long ago Goex had two facilities here at the army ammo plant. After one of them mostly blew up, (no significant injuries I'm told) they just operated out of their main facility and didn't rebuild the old one.

The most recent explosion was in their main, and only remaining facility, but everything is always hyped up. The last explosion, was really quite minor- at least that's what I heard.

I've done some work for a different company that operates on the same army ammo plant where Goex resides and have driven right by the Goex plant countless times. ...Sure wish they'd take pity on a poor white boy and slip me a few pounds of powder every now and then :cry:

Back