• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

gm 40cal 38" on t/c hawkins

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a 32 inch long, 1 inch across the flats 40 cal. GM dropin barrel for my T/C and love it. This barrel is the max size for me off hand. Heavy enough to reduce the movment when I aim, and light enough to hold for awhile. I would think that a 38 inch would be to much barrel for off hand shooting. I just bought used a 40 cal flint barrel dropin and a 32 cal percussion dropin. All three barrels fit perfectly in and had no problems. Since I just got the 40 cal. flint hopefully will be going out this week to try it out. :thumbsup:

I ordered the .40x32
it came today.
talk about a drop in! every thing lined up perfect...hammer, wedge pin, under rib. The 32" tube looks great on the tc stock,glad I did not order the 38.
not overly heavy by any means, but I used to shoot a 26 inch 1 1/8 full bull on a 22-250. this one is a piece of cake!
the ramrod clip/spring was a tad loose, so I bent it out just a smidge and the GM factory finish does not have the luster of the 1992 factory tc barrel. these are the only small gripes I can find. will see how it shoots next!
For being real hesitant at the get go,I felt it was my only real choice for a smaller barrel.
Thanks for all who posted to this thread.

...would I buy again? yes! this is going to be a nice gun to shoot!

Brett

Yes, that is a 1" 40 cal. barrel. I think that it is an older type of GM barrel 28" not 32". I took it out to the range a week ago and once I got my loads and sights setup I was shooting 8s, 9s and 10s on a 6 bull target, offhand with it and a nice clover grouping off the bench. Love it, love it. :thumbsup:

Back